C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F45 suspension POOPED OUT

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 10:21 AM
chad911sc
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default F45 suspension POOPED OUT

Ok, I have read the many posts on the subject and am going to order the C6ZO6 shocks and sway bar kit from the forum company that everyone uses on here, but I did not see any pictures of how the resistors are put in line with the connectors. Can someone give me a part # for the resistors and a pic or good step by step on the fix. I already posted a whats up from any one in the Orlando are with the GM scan tool but so far no replies. Thanks everyone for the help. Cant wait to open this new car up and see how she runs over 80 mph... LOL

Chad.
Old 09-04-2015, 10:29 AM
73Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 463 Likes on 374 Posts

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...uspension.html

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ing-tech2.html

It's been called a "hack job" but, I don't see anything wrong with doing this method post #5... I believe it can be done neatly... some consider cutting a hole in the wiper tray a "hack job" also, I don't. But we can agree to disagree on some things.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...n-my-98-a.html

Last edited by 73Corvette; 09-04-2015 at 10:34 AM.
Old 09-04-2015, 10:46 AM
chad911sc
Advanced

Perfect, Thanks, will be heading to Radio Shack today! And I agree, Each to His OWN. I have built many cars and I did all of them my way. I think that is an Elvis song...Ha Ha
Old 09-04-2015, 10:57 AM
Zuti
Drifting

Location: Life moves pretty fast... if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
CI 6-8-9 Veteran

You can also just remove the sensors from the existing F45 shocks (using a punch, you just remove the cap on the shock and pull out the sensor) and tie them up in place and put on your new shocks. This way you don't have to cut the wires and add in the resistors, and the car still thinks the F45s are in place with no issues. There is a post and I will see if I can find it after work. Zuti
Old 09-04-2015, 11:31 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by Zuti
You can also just remove the sensors from the existing F45 shocks (using a punch, you just remove the cap on the shock and pull out the sensor) and tie them up in place and put on your new shocks. This way you don't have to cut the wires and add in the resistors, and the car still thinks the F45s are in place with no issues. There is a post and I will see if I can find it after work. Zuti
Steve provided that in Post 3. It is the last link in Post 3.
Old 09-04-2015, 11:41 AM
73Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 463 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by chad911sc
Perfect, Thanks, will be heading to Radio Shack today! And I agree, Each to His OWN. I have built many cars and I did all of them my way. I think that is an Elvis song...Ha Ha
If you don't mind would you document the resistor method... or at least what resistors your using ... and how it works for you... I haven't seen very much info on that method either... Might just not be looking in the right place.... Thanks Steve
Old 09-04-2015, 11:46 AM
Zuti
Drifting

Location: Life moves pretty fast... if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it!
CI 6-8-9 Veteran

Originally Posted by dadaroo
Steve provided that in Post 3. It is the last link in Post 3.
OOPS! Sorry I missed that and it was my original post regarding F45!
Old 09-04-2015, 11:54 AM
chad911sc
Advanced

Thanks Zuti that would be good. Radio Shack did not have them locally so I just ordered them online for 12 buck for all 4. If I can just punch them out and then tie them together(not sure what that means) then I guess that would be easier. I will not get the shocks for about a week so I have time to figure it out. Steve I ordered manufactures part # HS10 10R F from Alliedelec.com they were listed as: Resistor; Wirewound; 10 Ohms; 10 W; 1%; Lug; TCR 100 ppm/DegC; Aluminum Housed. I only wanted to do this once so I didn't order the cheap ceramic ones I ordered the aluminum housed extra cool point ones...LOL
Old 09-04-2015, 12:01 PM
Zuti
Drifting

CI 6-8-9 Veteran

Originally Posted by chad911sc
Thanks Zuti that would be good. Radio Shack did not have them locally so I just ordered them online for 12 buck for all 4. If I can just punch them out and then tie them together(not sure what that means) then I guess that would be easier. I will not get the shocks for about a week so I have time to figure it out. Steve I ordered manufactures part # HS10 10R F from Alliedelec.com they were listed as: Resistor; Wirewound; 10 Ohms; 10 W; 1%; Lug; TCR 100 ppm/DegC; Aluminum Housed. I only wanted to do this once so I didn't order the cheap ceramic ones I ordered the aluminum housed extra cool point ones...LOL
Actually the procedure is in the 3rd link posted by 73Corvette above. I missed it when I read the post. Check it out!

Get notified of new replies

To F45 suspension POOPED OUT

Quick Reply: F45 suspension POOPED OUT