C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Service Tire Monitor System?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2015, 01:27 PM
99SilverC5Coupe
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

Default Service Tire Monitor System?

My garage queen 99 with 21K is throwing a bunch of messages... Service Tire Monitor System, Tire Flat Reduce Speed, XXXpsi, but the majority of the time everything works fine - psi readings from all 4 tires- business as usual.

Replaced the sensors a couple years back, this is a recent development. Any similiar experinces or guidance would be appreciated.
Old 09-13-2015, 04:33 PM
Vanover
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 94 Posts

Get it out of the garage,JK.mine did that when I got it,it sat a lot also before I got it.now it's a DD,no more codes.i don't know if it just needed to be driven more or if I'm just lucky.put some miles on that thing,MAN....
Old 09-13-2015, 04:41 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Seeing how you dont drive it a lot,, a low or weak battery could contribute to the issue. As 8vette7 stated,, READ AND POST the DTCs

I would also make sure that the battery is 100% charged and in good condition with the proper CCA and Reserve capacity, If in doubt,,, have it tested.

BC

Get notified of new replies

To Service Tire Monitor System?

Quick Reply: Service Tire Monitor System?