C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LMC5 Installed - starting issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2015, 10:07 AM
billdance
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LMC5 Installed - starting issues

Ok, so as per my other thread had both GM recalls and after a year started getting the pull key, service column again. As noted on here prob K harness fail. Bought new battery, cleaned all grounds, still nada so got the LMC5 from Compliance. fast service.

Just finished instal - was very simple...but, when I went to start - success - had no pull key or column lock on DIC, but wouldn't crank! I checked fuse 14, 50 and 52, all good. Pulled BCM , checked all connections nada.

But... I reconnected what I thought was the Step 2a - Steering Column Lock Relay Removal as it looked just like in the photo and it started.

So first, looking at the photo is this the column lock relay or did I pull something else directly related to starting! ha? I know some years didnt have it. Mine is a 1998 manual and looked just like the photo in the instructions. With me reconnecting it, anyone think this will cause future issues/conflicts with BCM and LMC5?

Thanks!
Attached Images  

Last edited by billdance; 09-18-2015 at 10:10 AM.
Old 09-18-2015, 10:58 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

Bingo, I saw that large Red wire also on that relay.

Mr. Sam
Old 09-18-2015, 11:35 AM
billdance
Advanced

Originally Posted by 8VETTE7
The relay you disconnected was the Theft Deterrent Relay. Without that the starter will never get a signal to engage.

97 and 98 C5's never had a Column Lock Relay so forget about the steps related to it. First year that had a Column Lock Relay was 99....
Go figure! thanks all.... now lets hope I dont need the brown wire mod.
Old 10-10-2015, 09:44 PM
billdance
Advanced

Been working perfectly since install!

Get notified of new replies

To LMC5 Installed - starting issues

Quick Reply: LMC5 Installed - starting issues