C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

White plastic piece fell down while removing clutch pedal-- what is this?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2015, 12:11 AM
aaronc7
Drifting

Received 297 Likes on 235 Posts

Default White plastic piece fell down while removing clutch pedal-- what is this?

Anyone know what this part is for? Was removing clutch pedal when it fell down to the floor. Can't figure out where it goes.

Old 10-03-2015, 09:39 AM
dork
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 143 Posts

There's only two things come to mind... 1) is it a guide bushing for one of the bolts you took out? On the pedal assembly, there are two white plastic bushings installed. You can see them in your picture. In the frame where that assembly resides, do any of the three corresponding holes miss a bushing? (As I recall, there were three bolts that had to be removed.)

The second alternative I thought of cost 40 minutes of searching because I couldn't come up with the right name of the "part". It doesn't look like the hole is threaded, but just in case-- is it part of the cruise control release? in the diagram below, the big curved arrow points to an exploded view of the switch/sensor/release. When the clutch pedal is released, the action of its' arm in depressing this switch keeps the cruise control engaged. There's a plastic 'bolt' that screws into the housing. Did it come from there?

Section 8-747 vol 3 of the service manual

Last edited by dork; 10-03-2015 at 09:45 AM.
Old 10-03-2015, 10:54 AM
aaronc7
Drifting

Received 297 Likes on 235 Posts

dork,

Thanks a bunch for taking the time to look into this.

I don't believe these are involved with the 3 mounting points for the whole assembly. In the car there are 3 studs, then nuts you remove/install to secure the thing. Third time swapping this thing- what a pain, ha. The white bushing is too big to fit into the holes on pedal assembly and I'm guessing too small to allow the studs to pass through.

I removed the whole cruise control clutch switch before removing the assembly, don't think it's part of that either. I looked around for a good 5-10 minutes the other day lying on my back and I couldn't figure it out. I suppose I will give it another good look before reinstall, if I can't figure anything out I will just have to cross my my fingers that it isn't for anything too important.

Thanks again for the help/ideas.... if anyone has any other ideas, please throw them out there. Going to be putting this back in this evening.

Get notified of new replies

To White plastic piece fell down while removing clutch pedal-- what is this?

Quick Reply: White plastic piece fell down while removing clutch pedal-- what is this?