C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil Catch Can + Boost: Routing

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2015, 11:53 AM
Tusc
Running Guns & Moonshine
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,284 Likes on 1,938 Posts

Default Oil Catch Can + Boost: Routing

Hey guys,

I'm doing a bunch of projects this and next weekend. I'm finishing up a FAST 92 install. For now, I'm going to test drive the car running the factory PCV system, but the main project I'll be doing is an A&A P1sc install. I will have to call to order the catch can I want from Rev Extreme on Monday (since their website does not function on Firefox OR IE for me for ordering and now won't open in any way).

SO... I can find diagrams of '04+ routing.

I have a '99.

What is the best way to set up the PCV system on this car with a blower?
Old 10-05-2015, 02:46 PM
tlove32
Melting Slicks

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

Here's a pdf I used to install my catch-can

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...04317490,d.cGU
Old 10-05-2015, 10:15 PM
Tusc
Running Guns & Moonshine
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks - that's a handy resource to have.
Old 10-06-2015, 01:06 AM
Tusc
Running Guns & Moonshine
Support Corvetteforum!

Now a new problem.

What parts do I need to order if I need to build my own PCV tubing system?

I have an LS1 which will be centrifugally supercharged. This means a connection from the driver's rear valve cover to the passenger rear cover, and then forward to the catch can, which feeds back into the intake.

The passenger valve cover has two long male tips to use. The driver side has just a plastic piece which plugs in. Can I use that with rubber or braided line?

Basically, I'd love to run black braided line throughout, and I don't want to keep playing games guessing the right pieces and waiting for UPS. I have one more 3-day weekend next week and that's it until the holidays. I want to get this wrapped and have the Supercharger ready for tuning. Because 'Murica. lol
Old 10-06-2015, 09:00 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,261 Likes on 1,056 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

it depends how you want to run the system... I just vent mine to atmosphere via -10an bungs on each valve cover to a breather can and the rest of the pcv system is removed and intake ports capped off... this way it will vent any crankcase pressure that builds up and not allow any oil to get back into your intake... some people like this and some don't... the only drawbacks are that you may notice a gassy smell in the engine bay and you may have to change the oil slightly more often since you don't have a vacuum drawing contaminants out of crankcase like a pcv system... most of it is just water that settles on top of the oil and will burn off with normal driving so neither of these are a big concern to me personally... I have had my car set up this way for the past 2 or so years with no issues... mighty mouse makes a nice can that still allows you to keep the pcv system, you might look into those... they are a little pricey but that's probably what I would run if I didn't run an open breather
Old 10-06-2015, 11:33 PM
Tusc
Running Guns & Moonshine
Support Corvetteforum!

I ordered a 10 foot length of 3/8" braided line to cut up / use and went with a Colorado Speed catch can, so I'll end up piecing all that together when it arrives.

I like the open air vent idea though. Maybe on the next car. Toying with the idea of building a true junk yard beater with an LS and a cheap turbo as my next car. Maybe an F-body, or who knows. Something I don't mind beating the snot out of and just doing raunchy burnouts with.

Get notified of new replies

To Oil Catch Can + Boost: Routing

Quick Reply: Oil Catch Can + Boost: Routing