C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shifting trouble, 5th, 6th

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2015, 09:12 PM
dave1234
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Shifting trouble, 5th, 6th

Trouble shifting into 5th, and out of 6th.
5th goes in slowly and with resistance, sixth comes out like I'm hardly pushing in the clutch. Thing is is only does it when the cars been running for a while...
If the car has been sitting everything shifts like butter.
Just redid the master. I took it to a performance shop and they had their hand at pulling any air out of the clutch line after I did what I could. Any thoughts if the slave is dieing, or if I need a shifter alignment? I have done that twice in the past. Not much has changed from it.
Wondering if the shifter rod is bent, or perhaps a transmission mount or something along those lines is worn and causing things to be ****-eyed.
Thoughts?

Last edited by dave1234; 10-04-2015 at 09:15 PM.
Old 10-06-2015, 01:52 PM
Rick@RKT Performance
Supporting Vendor

Received 147 Likes on 111 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by dave1234
Trouble shifting into 5th, and out of 6th.
5th goes in slowly and with resistance, sixth comes out like I'm hardly pushing in the clutch. Thing is is only does it when the cars been running for a while...
If the car has been sitting everything shifts like butter.
Just redid the master. I took it to a performance shop and they had their hand at pulling any air out of the clutch line after I did what I could. Any thoughts if the slave is dieing, or if I need a shifter alignment? I have done that twice in the past. Not much has changed from it.
Wondering if the shifter rod is bent, or perhaps a transmission mount or something along those lines is worn and causing things to be ****-eyed.
Thoughts?
If you have clutch issue, it will cause ALL gears to be difficult to shift in and out of. If you have performed the shifter alignment and didn't help much, I don't think that would be the culprit. The shifter shaft (from the shifter base to transmission) doesn't bend, they break. My guess would be your shift fork pads.

Quick Reply: Shifting trouble, 5th, 6th