C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need helping choosing main and rod bearings

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 11:47 PM
1 Evil C5
Cruising

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default need help choosing main and rod bearings

hello i have a 01 c5 with a ls6 block a couple weeks ago i had a ls7 lifter fail it collapsed. i pulled the cam and the cam bearings have groves in them i also have metal in my oil so the engine is coming out and getting sent to the machine shop for all new bearings im not sure witch ones to choose i have heard king, clevite H, clevite P, are good not sure what i should get or some other brand. the car has stock ls6 crank, forged pistons and rods with a novi 2000 running 11 pounds of boost and makes 605 whp i want to put something in there that will last.

Last edited by 1 Evil C5; 03-31-2016 at 10:22 PM.
Old 10-07-2015, 08:16 AM
dankhts
Safety Car

Received 326 Likes on 203 Posts

All the suppliers you listed have comparably good products, for what it's worth I just had my shortblock rebuilt and had the machine shop use King coated race bearings...... Very satisfied so far
Old 10-07-2015, 10:14 PM
1 Evil C5
Cruising

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you for the help but after doing some more research Im going to go with some clevite HK series ones that are tri metal and have the Molly graphite coating

Get notified of new replies

To need helping choosing main and rod bearings

Quick Reply: need helping choosing main and rod bearings