C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS Automated bleed procedure

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 09:22 PM
99mike
Pro

Received 65 Likes on 40 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17-'18

Default ABS Automated bleed procedure

Anyone know of a DIY video for this procedure. I just got a TECH2 and have the factory service manual. I want to flush my system this winter and have a couple of questions. 1. How much fluid should I get? And 2. Do I have to run the atomated bleed procedure once or multiple times to flush the system clean. Thanks.

Mike
Old 10-10-2015, 12:25 AM
zachaeous
Melting Slicks

Received 451 Likes on 376 Posts

Default c5 brake bleed

I went through this procedure In May of this year when I removed the engine from my 2001. I had to disconnec one of the lines going to the Ebcm and I also replaced all four flexible lines to the calipers. At the time I did not have a Tech 2 so I just started bleeding the old fashioned way. started by opening the rr bleeder, lr, rf and lf bleeders. Had to pump the pedal to get the flow to start, but then just let gravity do its thing. I used a quart and a half of fluid and all fluid coming out was clean so I called it good. Brakes worked great with no sign of air in the system. I do not know of any videos using the tech2. hope this helps. Good luck with your repair.

just for info the fluid drained out of th Ebcm while it was unhooked and it was mostly empty.
Old 10-10-2015, 08:15 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

I have not done it yet with my Tech 2 but plan to this Fall. I have accessed it with the Tech 2 to see and it looks very straight forward. Do you know how to locate it?

Here is a great link that makes finding things in the Tech 2 easy.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...101-paths.html

Mr. Sam
Old 10-10-2015, 11:17 AM
99mike
Pro

St. Jude Donor '17-'18

Originally Posted by dadaroo
I have not done it yet with my Tech 2 but plan to this Fall. I have accessed it with the Tech 2 to see and it looks very straight forward. Do you know how to locate it?

Here is a great link that makes finding things in the Tech 2 easy.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...101-paths.html

Mr. Sam
Yes. I have located it. Got my Tech2 yesterday and have been familiarizing myself with it. Seems to work very well. Just looking for some insight before I get started. Thanks for the reply.
Old 10-10-2015, 11:51 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

You will find that GM guide to be wonderful in the future. Let us know how it goes.
Old 10-11-2015, 11:41 AM
lionelhutz
Race Director

Received 845 Likes on 721 Posts

You first flush the whole system manually by pumping and bleeding or using a pressure bleeder. I would use a syringe or turkey baster to suck the master reservoir empty before adding new fluid. Then, you use the ABS automated bleed procedure to get new fluid into the ABS pump and valves. The ASB bleed procedure will pump the old fluid from it's internal passages into the lines. I wouldn't worry about it too much because it's not very much fluid and you will never get all the old fluid out when you flush the brakes anyways.

The service manual says you'll need a quart of fluid so plan on at least that much.
Old 10-11-2015, 09:28 PM
99mike
Pro

St. Jude Donor '17-'18

Originally Posted by lionelhutz
You first flush the whole system manually by pumping and bleeding or using a pressure bleeder. I would use a syringe or turkey baster to suck the master reservoir empty before adding new fluid. Then, you use the ABS automated bleed procedure to get new fluid into the ABS pump and valves. The ASB bleed procedure will pump the old fluid from it's internal passages into the lines. I wouldn't worry about it too much because it's not very much fluid and you will never get all the old fluid out when you flush the brakes anyways.

The service manual says you'll need a quart of fluid so plan on at least that much.
Thank you.

Get notified of new replies

To ABS Automated bleed procedure

Quick Reply: ABS Automated bleed procedure