C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ed Wright Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2002, 12:46 PM
adrnln1
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Ed Wright Tuning

Is this a good 1st mod?? Spoke with Ed and $450 and a couple of days. But I have done no other mods to my 2001. Thoughts/Comments/Concerns??? :seeya
Old 08-26-2002, 01:22 PM
RoliO
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Ed Wright Tuning (adrnln1)

I wouldn't mess with it if it is stock. I doubt you will gain much from a reprogram at this stage. Put that $450 into a high flow intake. :cheers:
Old 08-26-2002, 01:24 PM
O-Ace
Safety Car

I'd rather get LS1-Edit. That way you can tune it or have it tuned whenever you want and you have complete control. Plus, no hassle of shipping out your PCM, etc.
Old 08-26-2002, 02:19 PM
adrnln1
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Re: Ed Wright Tuning (Buckmaster)

I have the A4, I am waiting to hear back from Ed on what benefits he will be providing for $450. If the C5 is anything like my race bikes have been, doing the mods in the WRONG order can make unhappy drivers/riders. There is a lot of experience on this forum. I just need to ensure I hook up with the right group of "nuts". Thanks!
Old 08-26-2002, 05:37 PM
vstella
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the A4, I am waiting to hear back from Ed on what benefits he will be providing for $450. If the C5 is anything like my race bikes have been, doing the mods in the WRONG order can make unhappy drivers/riders. There is a lot of experience on this forum. I just need to ensure I hook up with the right group of "nuts". Thanks!
You are so right..Plan your mods..The Ed Wright programming on the A4 is a gimme!!Just Do it!! If your considering any other mods let him know as well. I would do the Intake then exhaust then gears then Transgo shift kit..That should get you into the 12's and on your way..Just my .02:D
Old 08-26-2002, 09:08 PM
Xssesive
Burning Brakes

This would be a GREAT first mod! I did mine after I installed the Vortex breather, but it was night and day difference in the car! I guarantee you will be smiling all the way back home! You won't believe the difference it will make, Ed says 20HP but feels like 50HP! DO IT! :yesnod:
Old 08-26-2002, 09:13 PM
Ilovetorque
Pro

Default Re: Ed Wright Tuning (Xssesive)

What makes Ed Wright so special? Can't any other tuner do the same job? Or even yourself with LS1-edit?

Old 08-26-2002, 11:52 PM
Xssesive
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Ed Wright Tuning (Ilovetorque)

From what the guys on the forum say Ed has his own special program he installs and actually guards against others trying to copy it. Once you use him he is the only one can adjust it. I know it did wonders for my car and he stands behind his work until you are satisfied. :yesnod:

Get notified of new replies

To Ed Wright Tuning

Quick Reply: Ed Wright Tuning