C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP! Supposedly New AC Compressor! Is it?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2015, 12:16 AM
King Lear
Veteran
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 81 Likes on 44 Posts

Default HELP! Supposedly New AC Compressor! Is it?

So here is the supposed Delphi original equipment NEW never used AC compressor I received today from SMC Auto Parts, Auburn Hills, MI. I dont know about you guys but this thing arrived all wrapped up in bubble wrap, no paperwork, no box, just an invoice, I have to think this is not an original brand new Delphi oem AC compressor just left over, to me this looks to be a rebuilt compressor by the way the case is all beat up with a nice new Korean Delphi sticker on it, what do you guys think? Maybe I'm wrong? The only reason I am doing the compressor is the Vortech is coming off and going to an 8 rib+ A & A secondary drive set up. So I do not want to mount this compressor and find out it is junk.

Let me know if anyone knows for sure please!
Attached Images     
Old 10-31-2015, 08:53 PM
Ron C!
Safety Car

Received 195 Likes on 153 Posts

I have bought a bunch of stuff from Sean. He bought surplus parts from GM, excess that was crated for the assembly line, not individually packaged for sale thru the parts department. Not always cosmetically perfect, but the exact part that was installed on the car going down the assembly line. I would have no worries.
The following users liked this post:
King Lear (10-31-2015)
Old 10-31-2015, 10:11 PM
racebum
Race Director

Received 153 Likes on 146 Posts

looks new to me

also who knows on the cases but really, who cares? if the internals are all new and of good quality what's the issue?

Last edited by racebum; 10-31-2015 at 10:12 PM.
Old 10-31-2015, 10:58 PM
King Lear
Veteran
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 81 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron C!
I have bought a bunch of stuff from Sean. He bought surplus parts from GM, excess that was crated for the assembly line, not individually packaged for sale thru the parts department. Not always cosmetically perfect, but the exact part that was installed on the car going down the assembly line. I would have no worries.
Thanks, that is what I wanted to know, I have never dealt with his company before, found him on ebay. Not everyone on ebay is legit, lol! Plus I did a little research since I posted this, didn't know Delphi had been operating in Korea since 1984. I am just used to all the GM/Delphi plants around here in the Dayton/Cinci area before they closed. I just got a fuel door switch from him and it is exactly the same as the original.

Get notified of new replies

To HELP! Supposedly New AC Compressor! Is it?

Quick Reply: HELP! Supposedly New AC Compressor! Is it?