C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door Lock Relays - Part II

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2015, 02:26 PM
GUSTO14
Le Mans Master

Received 1,962 Likes on 1,283 Posts

Default Door Lock Relays - Part II

Rather than add to an already long thread, I thought it best to start new one to see if anyone could address my particular problem which seems to be related to the Door Lock Relays.
Original thread - Door Lock Relays - A Picture is Worth A Thousand Words

My driver's side door lock began malfunctioning a while back, it will not un-lock electronically. (It locks and un-locks manually.)

1. The door will lock electronically with the FOB and/or door switch on driver's side and passenger side doors.
2. Passenger door locks and un-locks electronically with the FOB and/or door switch on driver's side and passenger side.
3. If I run 12v directly to the door lock solenoid it will operate the door lock (lock & unlock) fine.

I went through the link above and read about changing out the door lock relays that seems to solve this problem for a lot of folks. I purchased two of the listed solenoids and installed them on the Door Control Module (DCM) circuit board as illustrated in the YouTube video. I reinstalled the DCM in the door and connected the "door switch assembly". Everything functions as before, windows, mirrors, locks, etc. Drivers door still does not un-lock electronically.

When I lock the doors electronically, the relays in the DCMs on both doors can be heard clicking. When I un-lock the doors electronically, the passenger door relays can be heard clicking (and unlocking), but the driver's DCM relays do not respond (no clicking) at all.

I purchased a new driver's side "door switch assembly" and everything remains the same.

At this point it seems that I need to find a driver's side Door Control Module unless someone has any ideas on what to check next.

Thank you for your assistance... GUSTO
Old 11-06-2015, 04:36 PM
Vanover
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 94 Posts

Old 11-06-2015, 06:19 PM
RedZMonte
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i have replaced the replays and seems to fix the problem. Sounds like if you have done that already you might try and get a used one form either one of the Corvette recyclers on the forum or find a used one on ebay. we have swapped out bad ones with used ones on ebay and seems to do the trick as well.

S
Old 11-07-2015, 10:37 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

Gusto, how are you doing with the exception of this?

Yes, I agree with you it points to the LDCM as the issue. I can not explain anything else based on your diagnostics.

Marc at VetteNuts.net is a great Forum vendor here for used parts.

If you feel like you want to discuss on the phone first, please feel free to PM me.

Mr. Sam
Old 11-16-2015, 05:31 PM
GUSTO14
Le Mans Master

Received 1,962 Likes on 1,283 Posts

Originally Posted by dadaroo
Gusto, how are you doing with the exception of this?

Yes, I agree with you it points to the LDCM as the issue. I can not explain anything else based on your diagnostics.

Marc at VetteNuts.net is a great Forum vendor here for used parts.

If you feel like you want to discuss on the phone first, please feel free to PM me.

Mr. Sam
Sam, my new LDCM finally arrived today and I had to plug it in immediately to see if it would solve the problem or not. Plugged it in and bingo, the door locks both work normally. Looks like it wasn't the relays in my case after all. Good news is it only cost a few dollars to swap out the relays so I don't consider it a wasted effort.

Thanks for all of your assistance.

GUSTO
Old 11-17-2015, 05:40 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

Great, thanks for the feedback.

Get notified of new replies

To Door Lock Relays - Part II

Quick Reply: Door Lock Relays - Part II