C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! Wiper cam keeps locking so won't shut off

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2015, 07:56 PM
pmr2000
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Help! Wiper cam keeps locking so won't shut off

Thought I had my wiper issues licked. If I detach new wiper motor shaft from cam works fine, stops in off, works correctly in intermittent, low and high.

If I put the cam back in the searched posts position with button opposite cam out of the recess, adjust park pin 1/4 from stop can't get them to stop in off.

Seems first revolution locks button into the recess, so the off does not trigger the clockwise circle and catch the park pin.

If I try to manually push the button out of the recess starts to clockwise off but can't manually hold this position with a screwdriver long enough before the transmission arms rotate and hit the screwdriver.

Any thoughts? I appeared to have put it back in wrong but everything worked except delay pause was straight up so thought I'd tackle....should have left it along.
Old 11-22-2015, 09:20 PM
pmr2000
Pro

So it appears as soon as I install cam on shaft the round pin locks into the recess and the motor rotates clockwise. When you shut off it appears the round pin needs to slide out, the motor rotates counterclockwise, and the parking tab hits the stop.

But for some reason that round pin won't slide out when I turn off...see attached.

Old 11-23-2015, 08:44 AM
pmr2000
Pro

Does the hole in the cam have to be aligned with below layer? Got a PM from another user with same issue. I don't think its the motor since it functions fine disconnect from shaft.

Just seems that round button needs to slide out of the recess (run position) to park, almost seems like the motor won't reverse to do this when the cam is on the shaft...

Get notified of new replies

To Help! Wiper cam keeps locking so won't shut off

Quick Reply: Help! Wiper cam keeps locking so won't shut off