C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2003 AE needs MSRC F55 delete in Carlisle, PA

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 04:47 PM
9mmNATO
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2003 AE needs MSRC F55 delete in Carlisle, PA

My 2003 AE Coupe MSRC shocks are starting to weep fluid. I would like to have the F55 deleted and put in a set of Bilsteins or the C6 ZO6 shocks. So I need someone with a Tech II. Does anyone know of a shop or person that can do this in my area?

I would like to leave the MSRC shocks in the car until the F55 delete is complete, is that ok?

Thanks
Old 12-01-2015, 09:59 PM
verns03vette
2nd Gear

Default Deleting F55

I have the same problem. I have an 03 AE Convertible with the F55 system. I have not replaced the shocks yet. I took it to a location in Dallas last week and they could not delete the F45/F55 program. I am thanking it may not have worked as long as the shocks are connected. Can any one tell me if this may have been the case. If so I will unplug them and try again. I would like the program out before I replace the shocks.

Thanks

Last edited by verns03vette; 12-01-2015 at 10:09 PM.
Old 12-05-2015, 11:59 AM
9mmNATO
Heel & Toe

Vern, thanks for posting.
I still have not found a shop with Tech2 that is willing to do the F55 delete in Central PA.
But when I do - I will disconnect the electrics at each shock and drive over.
Good luck to you.
Old 12-06-2015, 07:19 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

Here is the only way you can delete F45 or F55. It is tribal knowledge and hardly any techs know about it.

This must be done EXACTLY as written.

1. Hook up your Tech 2, turn the car ON, make sure the module in the left rear storage compartment (pull back the velcro lining on the front of the compartment) is plugged in. DO NOT UNPLUG THIS MODULE

2. Now use the Tech 2 to delete the F45 option ( F55 option does not appear on the Tech 2 menu screen - SO - DELETE THE F45 OPTION
(use the screen captures - steps 2-14)

3. Save the new configuration

4. DO NOT TURN THE CAR OFF DO NOT REMOVE THE TECH 2 Go to the module in the rear of the car, unplug the GRAY connector - IT IS THE WIDEST ONE - leave the other 1 (F45) or 2 (F55) plugged in.

5. Turn off the car but LEAVE THE TECH 2 PLUGGED IN

6. Remove remaining plugs from module in the rear of the car - Never plug them back in again, if you do the F/45 or F55 turns on automatically.

7. Now the moment of TRUTH - Turn the car on and verify that the dreaded - MAX SPEED 80 MPH - is gone. This message is only present if you had already disconnected the shock sensors. Some people have had to disconnect their battery to allow the computer to reset to remove this message, but I would confirm with the Tech II that the F45 or F55 was actually deleted first and if not reconnect everything and start again with step 1.

8. Unplug the Tech 2

Mr. Sam
Old 12-07-2015, 01:50 PM
9mmNATO
Heel & Toe

Dadaroo;
Thanks for jumping in, always good to list the instructions. I actually have these instructions already including the ones with step 6a “disconnect battery”. Then 6b “reconnect battery”. Some folks disconnect for 15 minutes or an hour and some disconnect overnight.

I found one shop with a Tech2 – they have never done this delete. They want to look over the instructions, so I will try to get over to their place this week with a copy.

Best Regards, Mike
Old 12-08-2015, 05:17 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

If they try please let us know how it goes.

Mr. Sam
Old 12-08-2015, 11:35 PM
verns03vette
2nd Gear

Default The F55 program in now deleated

Thanks to all the info and the instructions posted on the forum on the removal of the F55 function. I have been able to have it removed I have a friend that is a teacher at Lincoln Tech in the Dallas area. He set me up with a tech that was able to perform this within 1 hour tonight. I was there as the completed the steps and they never had to disconnected the battery. The trip was over 60 miles each way from my house and the car drove better after this was done. I know the shocks are bad but the ride was better then the trip in. I am so thank full for the Tech and the trainees as they were great.

Best thing is now looking for the best shocks I can and I don't have to spend 4k.

I will keep everyone posted if any thing comes up, but thank all is good.

Get notified of new replies

To 2003 AE needs MSRC F55 delete in Carlisle, PA

Quick Reply: 2003 AE needs MSRC F55 delete in Carlisle, PA