C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Strange No Start Issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 06:41 PM
VengeanceVette
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Curlee
If your car isnt having an issue, its a great time to take measurements to see how its SUPPOSE to be working.

That way, when its not working, you will see the difference in voltage readings.

I kind of dont understand your question. Do you mean, what would cause the starter not to crank the engine when it hot out?

Bill
No sir, I mean when I'm trying to test the voltage to the tdr I don't want to keep cranking the car every time. I'm trying to get it to where I can turn the key to start just to test the voltage without cranking the car when it is actually working.
Old 01-12-2016, 07:12 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

You can remove the S wire from the starter solenoid. That would be the PURPLE WIRE.

Or You can pull the 60 amp fuse to the high current side of the TDR.

\Thats about it.
Old 02-10-2016, 05:25 PM
VengeanceVette
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Just wanted to update what I concluded on this electrical gremlin of mine. As you know I replaced the ignition switch in this car at the beginning of the problem.. Well come to find out the ignition switch I bought from my dealership was bad right out of the box, so I was chasing something that should've never existed.. Anyhow I'd like to thank all who chimed in to help me with this and I'm glad this is over!

Quick Reply: Strange No Start Issue