C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlight Issue...

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2015, 04:14 PM
LiteraCola
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Headlight Issue...

Good afternoon guys. I've had Radioflyer's ACA Bixenons for a couple of years now and just today I wrapped up my bronze gear install on both headlights. Everything is wired up in exactly the same way as I took it apart. Problem is, when I connect the battery and open the driver door, the car is dinging like the lights are left on, but no lights are on. When I turn the switch to parking lights only, the parking lights turn on but the headlights pop up. When I turn the low beams on, the low beams do not come on. Finally, when I turn the switch to OFF, the parking lights go out but the headlights stay up. The car still dings at me like the lights are on... I guess my question is, what the hell did I do wrong? The connectors only go a certain way on the radioflyer headlights. The main headlight harness can only connect one way. Is it possible that the raising/lowering mechanism is 180deg out? Or the motors? Also, how does the car tell the ding noise to happen? Something in the electronics? I don't get it. Thanks for you help guys.
Old 12-31-2015, 04:52 PM
GCG
Melting Slicks

Received 725 Likes on 577 Posts

There is a possibility that the connector that plug into each ballast needs to be inverted to reverse polarities.

Some ballasts have their jacks with the polarities reversed. Give it a try and let us know
Old 12-31-2015, 05:28 PM
LiteraCola
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GCG
There is a possibility that the connector that plug into each ballast needs to be inverted to reverse polarities.

Some ballasts have their jacks with the polarities reversed. Give it a try and let us know
Hahaha ya know what? I did some research on the RF install and found that exact thing out. Like I said, it's been a while since I did the install. I reversed the ballast connectors and all is good! Thanks for your response man!
Old 12-31-2015, 06:29 PM
GCG
Melting Slicks

Received 725 Likes on 577 Posts

Hey, you're welcome! Happy New Year!

Get notified of new replies

To Headlight Issue...

Quick Reply: Headlight Issue...