C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MGW RACE SPEC shifter option available soon!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 03:11 PM
0MGW George
Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'11

Default MGW RACE SPEC shifter option available soon!!

Hey guys,

As I have stated in several threads , the MGW shifter is in my opinion the best combo of precision and smoothness and throw for daily driving , track use and autocross....

We have tried shortening the throw and "most" people had an issue with the notchiness of the shifts and especially the TR6060 from 2008-2013 cars had issues with 2nd gear grinding with too short of a setting.

Well the last few months i have gotten a BUNCH of emails begging me to offer a shorter throw more extreme shift setting because they love my design and lower box precision but want the extreme short throws of the HINSON.

While i personally will not run the setup because i road race mainly and want the easiest effort and smoothest throw i understand the market is there so i will offer it.

Some disclaimers....

The effort will be higher but still will guaranteed to be the least effort and smoothest shift for its throw due to the lower box.

If you have a tr6060 trans you MAY have 2nd gear issues. ( this was the MAIN reason we changed the throw back in 2008) our current design virtually eliminated this issue.

If you already have our shifter and box combo you can just get the upper shifter part for 195.00 .

I should have an initial run of 50 or so by end of february so if you are interested you can call 706-793-1770 and place an order.

George
Attached Images  
Old 02-11-2016, 03:25 PM
Pounder
1/4 mile/AutoX
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,081 Likes on 1,634 Posts

I sure love the MGW in my 99 coupe !!!!!!!!
Old 02-11-2016, 05:32 PM
LoneStarFRC
Team Owner

Received 226 Likes on 213 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

If you have a tr6060 trans you MAY have 2nd gear issues. ( this was the MAIN reason we changed the throw back in 2008) our current design virtually eliminated this issue.
I'm glad you posted this information George, as I have a TR6060 in my C5 and have one of your Gen 1/2? shifters on an OE C5 Z06 lower box, and I have some mild 2nd gear crunch mainly when cold. After warmup it is much less so, but still there slightly. The only comment I've heard regarding this, was to switch fluid to Red Line, as some claim some level of success in improving the situation.
I was unaware you had taken steps to address this issue since I seldom, if ever, get over to the C6 boards. I spend most of my time in C5.

I will be ordering your complete, current version, upper/lower unit shortly.

Old 02-12-2016, 01:45 PM
0MGW George
Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'11

Originally Posted by LoneStarFRC
I'm glad you posted this information George, as I have a TR6060 in my C5 and have one of your Gen 1/2? shifters on an OE C5 Z06 lower box, and I have some mild 2nd gear crunch mainly when cold. After warmup it is much less so, but still there slightly. The only comment I've heard regarding this, was to switch fluid to Red Line, as some claim some level of success in improving the situation.
I was unaware you had taken steps to address this issue since I seldom, if ever, get over to the C6 boards. I spend most of my time in C5.

I will be ordering your complete, current version, upper/lower unit shortly.

good deal!!!

Regards
George

Get notified of new replies

To MGW RACE SPEC shifter option available soon!!

Quick Reply: MGW RACE SPEC shifter option available soon!!