C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiper issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2016, 05:14 PM
twokbolt
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Wiper issue

So I've got an issue with my wipers, but not the standard "they've gone completely crazy" issue. I've cleared out all the udders (they were pretty clear to start with). My issues is: fast sweep works fine, slow sweep works fine, intermittent sweep is the same as slow, and when I hit the mist (or the one time clear whatever you call it), I get about 2 or 3 sweeps at slow speed. I think the motor is probably fine and it is the wiper stalk. Can these be repaired or do I need to look for a new/used stalk?
Old 03-06-2016, 12:11 AM
BigGun
Drifting

Received 67 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by twokbolt
So I've got an issue with my wipers, but not the standard "they've gone completely crazy" issue. I've cleared out all the udders (they were pretty clear to start with). My issues is: fast sweep works fine, slow sweep works fine, intermittent sweep is the same as slow, and when I hit the mist (or the one time clear whatever you call it), I get about 2 or 3 sweeps at slow speed. I think the motor is probably fine and it is the wiper stalk. Can these be repaired or do I need to look for a new/used stalk?
Nothing wrong with the stalk...that's just the way it works.
Old 03-06-2016, 09:42 AM
twokbolt
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts

Maybe I wasn't clear. My intermittent isn't...intermittent. It moves constantly at low speed, just like the setting above it.
Old 03-06-2016, 09:59 AM
Pounder
1/4 mile/AutoX
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,082 Likes on 1,635 Posts

switch ?????
Old 03-07-2016, 09:53 AM
pmr2000
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts

From my personal wiper hell I would say it's the circuit board on the motor, as I understand it that's what controls the delay function. I had a good used wiper stalk for sale if you are interested pm me.

Get notified of new replies

To Wiper issue

Quick Reply: Wiper issue