C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door Control module questions

Old 03-14-2016, 09:45 AM
SKF engineer
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Door Control module questions

So I've done a search and run through most of the posts on this topic but many of the posts are old and the picture links I need are inactive. The car is a 2001 6-speed Z51 package Vette.

I just pulled the door panels to get at my modules and with the exception of the "female" pin holder that's a attached to the fiberglass panel ripping free on a handful of locations that went smoothly.

When I opened the modules I expected two relays for the locks and one large one for the window up and down. I was greeted with three relays that match the relay number noted on this site for the locks. Most of the searches have links to pictures that show which relays work the locks but the links are dead for me, can anyone confirm and report the relay locations for the locks.

Second on one post someone noted that I should unplug the battery before installing the modules back in the car, not that it's that hard but is this necessary?

Okay thanks, now I'm off to see if I can repair the fiberglass area where the female pin holders ripped out of the door.
Old 03-14-2016, 01:53 PM
SKF engineer
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Honestly no I had not seen that post, when I searched I was finding threads from 2005 to 2010 so most of the links were dead. I guess I didn't dig far enough however I glanced over about 50 threads on a couple different searches.

Reading the thread and looking at the pictures I would say in the row of three similar relays it's the two furthest from the plug connection.

Thanks again.

Last edited by SKF engineer; 03-14-2016 at 01:57 PM.
Old 03-19-2016, 09:44 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

From the picture you are correct, the left two bottom relays are for the door lock. The middle one is Unlock and the bottom one is for Lock.

The top one is for the mirror and the one on the right is for the window.

Mr. Sam

Get notified of new replies

To Door Control module questions

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Door Control module questions