C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Locks Problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2016, 10:42 PM
DSBond7
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Power Locks Problem

I just bought an '02 convertible a couple days ago (first Corvette) and it seems everything works except the power locks. These do not actuate when using the fobs or the door buttons, but I can hear the door relays clicking (both doors have an audibly different open relay and lock relay). I pulled the DCM-L and PWRFDL fuses and put them back with no change. The car battery has a date code of February, 2016. Any ideas on what is going on?

Last edited by DSBond7; 03-30-2016 at 10:44 PM.
Old 03-30-2016, 11:24 PM
ericdwong
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

If you manually lock- and hit power unlock- does it lock? What about vice versa? The relay contacts are known to burn out and/or get dirty in the BCMs (happened to mine). This could be the problem. IF it is- you can slice open the relay to clean the contacts, or replace the relay (or the whole BCM).
Old 03-30-2016, 11:35 PM
DSBond7
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The door buttons (both driver and passenger) do not move the locks either (as with the fobs). I hear each independent relay clicking with either the door buttons or the fobs. I have read about the relay issues, but it just seems like it should be unlikely that all four relays have failed, yet audibly click.

Get notified of new replies

To Power Locks Problem

Quick Reply: Power Locks Problem