C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trans install question (intake manifold)

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 12:44 AM
seand03
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Trans install question (intake manifold)

Im still waiting to get my trans back, but want to get a head start. Will i make my life harder if i reinstall the intake? I removed it so i wouldnt crack it/firewall on the removal. I was also going to install the LT headers and quicktime bellhousing. Does anyone see this being an issue?
Old 04-06-2016, 02:15 AM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,261 Likes on 1,056 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

I have removed my drivetrain twice and didn't remove the intake, as a matter of fact it didn't even get very close to the firewall... I think you would have to lower the drivetrain quite a bit past the bottom of the rear tub to cause a problem so you should be fine installing the intake beforehand... you should be able to install the bellhousing as well and on the headers you can slide them in place but will most likely need to leave them hanging in order to have room to access the torque tube to bellhousing bolts... I always just leave the headers hanging but supported by jack stands and reinstall them after the drivetrain is back in place
Old 04-06-2016, 07:31 AM
vettenuts
Team Owner

Received 186 Likes on 169 Posts

I think if the headers are off the car completely I would leave them off. I let mine hang and they were quite frankly always in the way and the job was more time consuming as a result. As for the intake, I am running a FAST and removed that as well because it was too close for comfort.
Old 04-06-2016, 03:36 PM
seand03
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks guys ill put on the intake and keep an eye on it, andd leave off headers.

Get notified of new replies

To Trans install question (intake manifold)

Quick Reply: Trans install question (intake manifold)