C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1-Edit vs Powerloader -- plus or minus?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2002, 09:12 AM
C5 CU
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1-Edit vs Powerloader -- plus or minus?

Sent Powerloader to Steve Cole for re-program and 5 months later it was returned. Installed Yank 3200 TC and 3:42 gears and programming. Now tranny shifts to early and must send back to Steve Cole for more "tweaking" and the probability of waiting 4 or 5 more months for re-program. Soooo I have decided to have SpeedWorks tune my car with LS1-Edit (in one week!). -- My question is does LS1-Edit over write all of the Powerloader programming? I never got a "code" after Powerloader, plus i am curious how much horsepower gain and tranny/TC shift point accurracy/quality i can expect above the Powerloader. Has anyone used LS1-Edit after already having Powerloader -- I don't want to over build my expectation (other than turn-around time) blah blah blah. thanks for responses.

[Modified by david sanders, 3:31 PM 9/5/2002]
Old 09-05-2002, 01:40 PM
C5 CU
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: LS1-Edit vs Powerloader -- plus or minus? (david sanders)

Hoping for some input (?) really just want to know if i should expect any significant improvement from LS1-Edit over the Powerloader. I know optimizing my shift points will help performance but i can i expect more good stuff to result from dyno-tune LS1-Edit???

Quick Reply: LS1-Edit vs Powerloader -- plus or minus?