C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

99 EBCM Conversion to 01-04 EBCM -- Success!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2024, 07:40 PM
sbadd99
Pro

Received 93 Likes on 46 Posts

Theres a lot of cars out there with no ABS and Traction Control, I'm like several here I get the message every time I start the car and have to hit the Reset, its the only issue I have ever had in 20 years. Drives great.
The following users liked this post:
Torch Red Fire 21 (03-06-2024)
Old 03-06-2024, 09:09 AM
Torch Red Fire 21
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sbadd99
Theres a lot of cars out there with no ABS and Traction Control, I'm like several here I get the message every time I start the car and have to hit the Reset, its the only issue I have ever had in 20 years. Drives great.
Yea. I don't mind hitting the reset. It doesn't bother me.
Awesome your car has been great.
Mine is running great.
I do need to figure out how to disable power to the visors.
I haven't looked for a thread on that.
I want to just shut of the lights in the visor mirrors.
Old 03-29-2024, 07:16 PM
denhurt
4th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

This is a fantastic write up. I have been driving my 99 Convertible for about 5 years without ABS. Last year I had a run in with a huge buck deer. Slid the front tires, hit the deer in the belly with the nose of my Vette. With the top down, I watch him fly up and over onto the highway behind me. No major damage, flat spotted tires, broken passenger side headlight cover, small cracks in bumper over and leading edge of the hood. If I had working ABS it likely would not have hit the deer at all.

My next project will be this ABS upgrade.
The following 2 users liked this post by denhurt:
sbadd99 (04-01-2024), Torch Red Fire 21 (03-30-2024)
Old 03-30-2024, 09:47 PM
Torch Red Fire 21
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Abs

]This is a fantastic write up. I have been driving my 99 Convertible for about 5 years without ABS. Last year I had a run in with a huge buck deer. Slid the front tires, hit the deer in the belly with the nose of my Vette. With the top down, I watch him fly up and over onto the highway behind me. No major damage, flat spotted tires, broken passenger side headlight cover, small cracks in bumper over and leading edge of the hood. If I had working ABS it likely would not have hit the deer at all.

My next project will be this ABS upgrade.[/QUOTE]

That's crazy the deer would go flying like that and the Vette doesn't have much damage.
I hope to avoid hitting deer, or anything.

​​​​​​God help me. I like the Vette not smashed.
The following users liked this post:
sbadd99 (04-01-2024)

Quick Reply: 99 EBCM Conversion to 01-04 EBCM -- Success!