C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone ever installed C6 seatbelts into a C5?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 01:43 AM
Phoenix64
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Has anyone ever installed C6 seatbelts into a C5?

I was going back and forth between my buddies C6 Z06 and my C5 Z06 at a recent track day. The seats aren't much better, but the ability to cinch yourself down with the C6 Z06 belt is dramatically better.

I can get one off ebay for 100$, just curious if anyone has already tried it.
Old 04-28-2016, 07:20 PM
twokbolt
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Phoenix64
I was going back and forth between my buddies C6 Z06 and my C5 Z06 at a recent track day. The seats aren't much better, but the ability to cinch yourself down with the C6 Z06 belt is dramatically better.

I can get one off ebay for 100$, just curious if anyone has already tried it.
You can cinch yourself down in a C5. Grab the lap belt and pull it out all the way, then let it back in slowly. Cinched. Also I don't think the C6 has a retractor for the lap belt. I think it's just a bolt so I would be leery of putting that in a C5.
Old 04-29-2016, 02:58 PM
Phoenix64
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by twokbolt
You can cinch yourself down in a C5. Grab the lap belt and pull it out all the way, then let it back in slowly. Cinched. Also I don't think the C6 has a retractor for the lap belt. I think it's just a bolt so I would be leery of putting that in a C5.
Yeah I was comparing the C5 cinched to the C6. You can't get the lap belt as tight in the C5, and even if you can get the shoulder strap to lock in the C5 it will come lose the first time you hit a bump, whereas the C6 is a lot tighter, and it won't come undone.

I ordered one from a wrecked C6. I'll update if it fits.
Old 05-01-2016, 01:38 PM
SuperTom
Drifting

Received 181 Likes on 158 Posts

I switched a few years ago not for any type of cinching features but to fit in a set of viper seats. Not having the bottom reel opens up a lot of floor space. I remember when mounting on the pillar having to trim a few tabs on the c6 belts or you could cut new holes for the tabs. Also I had to switch the R and L with each other to have them retract properly. Its one of those mods that you will see difference when you compare the 2.

Get notified of new replies

To Has anyone ever installed C6 seatbelts into a C5?

Quick Reply: Has anyone ever installed C6 seatbelts into a C5?