C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheel detailing - gloss black

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 05:21 PM
VETTEC599
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Wheel detailing - gloss black

I recently inherited a set of gloss black painted wheels in need of detailing. My Vette is my DD; however, it cared for. My problem is with the finish on the rim portion. Otherwise the spokes, face, and center are immaculate. They have no curb rash, no damage. The rim has scratches and what looks like matte finish. How can I get rid of the scratches and bring the shine back to the rim. They are really dull in the crevices where the spokes meet the rim. Any suggestions appreciated. Thank you in advance!
Old 05-03-2016, 11:13 PM
Pounder
1/4 mile/AutoX
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,082 Likes on 1,635 Posts

Originally Posted by VETTEC599
I recently inherited a set of gloss black painted wheels in need of detailing. My Vette is my DD; however, it cared for. My problem is with the finish on the rim portion. Otherwise the spokes, face, and center are immaculate. They have no curb rash, no damage. The rim has scratches and what looks like matte finish. How can I get rid of the scratches and bring the shine back to the rim. They are really dull in the crevices where the spokes meet the rim. Any suggestions appreciated. Thank you in advance!
treat it like a car finish, use a mild compound and see if you can rub out the scratches ????? or check on getting them powdercoated ???? The right buffer might also work ???? I like mine glossy !!!!!

Quick Reply: Wheel detailing - gloss black