C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FAST intake, Ls2 throttle body issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2016, 09:01 PM
Tebo38
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FAST intake, Ls2 throttle body issues

So I installed a fast 90 with an ls2 throttle body. But when we hooked everything up we got a loud whistling noise coming from the engine bay. There's a hose that runs from the valve cover to the throttle body on the stock ls6 setup. Now on the ls2 throttle body there is no fitting there for that hose. So we tried blocking it off running it into the intake ( where the previous owner had a intake pressure sensor ) after the throttle body location and we still got this noise. Any ideas what to do with this hose and to stop the noise from happening?

Thanks
Old 05-26-2016, 12:42 AM
NotLawReview
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Tebo38
So I installed a fast 90 with an ls2 throttle body. But when we hooked everything up we got a loud whistling noise coming from the engine bay. There's a hose that runs from the valve cover to the throttle body on the stock ls6 setup. Now on the ls2 throttle body there is no fitting there for that hose. So we tried blocking it off running it into the intake ( where the previous owner had a intake pressure sensor ) after the throttle body location and we still got this noise. Any ideas what to do with this hose and to stop the noise from happening?

Thanks
Check what toque did in his writeup on his website toquez06.com

Alternatively, you can run a small breather filter from that line instead of connecting it to the intake tract (this is what the previous owner did on mine with the fast 90/90 setup and it works just fine.
Old 05-26-2016, 01:14 AM
Tebo38
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got it to work. I just drilled into the air intake not the intake manifold and put a fitting in and connected it like the old set up. Works like a charm other than the check engine light

Get notified of new replies

To FAST intake, Ls2 throttle body issues

Quick Reply: FAST intake, Ls2 throttle body issues