C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Code P1810 woes

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2016, 09:01 PM
SaxyVette
Drifting

Received 91 Likes on 80 Posts

Default Code P1810 woes

Hello any comments or advice from the experts is appreciated..I got my mech to shut off my check engine light and he came up with the code P1810 "transmission pressure switch manifold fault" the dash light came back on next day. Doesn't sound too good to me, my trans was rebuilt only 2 yrs ago.
Old 07-01-2016, 09:25 PM
73Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 463 Likes on 374 Posts

Was that code pulled from the DIC on your car?

You probably need to clear your codes... go for a short drive and BEFORE you KILL the car pull the codes again and post them...

Last edited by 73Corvette; 07-01-2016 at 09:27 PM.
Old 07-01-2016, 10:46 PM
CactusCat
Melting Slicks

Received 209 Likes on 156 Posts

Time to do some reading. Sounds like an issue with tranny.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...p1810-h-c.html
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-coupe-a4.html
If could be several things, but it appears you might have to get back into the tranny. Sorry.
Old 07-02-2016, 12:13 AM
SaxyVette
Drifting

Damn not good.
Old 07-02-2016, 12:19 AM
73Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 463 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by SaxyVette
Damn not good.
Are you having tranmission issues? Shifting weird, slipping, jumping out of gear... or just the code?
Old 07-02-2016, 12:52 PM
SaxyVette
Drifting

Just the code, trans feels perfect no issues

(check engine light is on)
Old 07-02-2016, 08:12 PM
SaxyVette
Drifting

well I lived here long enough to know I'll need to pass smog..light on I won't pass..maybe time to find a new home for the beast..luckily I just smogged and registered so there is no hurry.
Old 07-03-2016, 02:15 AM
CactusCat
Melting Slicks

Saxy, if I remember correctly, you bought your Vette at a very good price and then had some transmission problems which were taken care of by the place where you got your car. Am I mistaken? If so, is it possible you might be able to talk to the shop that did your work? This could be an issue that might turn out to possibly not be an expensive fix however, the lousy labor costs are always an issue. Since your trans seems to be working correctly, it's worth a shot to talk with the shop that did the previous work.
Old 07-03-2016, 05:40 AM
SaxyVette
Drifting

Cactus that's me..here's the story, the rebuild shop was not a very friendly vibes type place, my used car dealer paid for the trans. I'm feeling like maybe they did not do the best job. (In fact my car was lightly keyed while in this shop, for whatever reason I don't know.) My warranty was for one year.

It's now over 2yrs so I'm thinking the shop will NOT be a whole lot of help. Luckily I don't have any driveability issues (yet).Another member has offered to assist getting the light turned off. At least I'd have the option of trading the car at that point.
Old 07-03-2016, 09:20 AM
CactusCat
Melting Slicks

Saxy, take a look at this video. If you feel like you can do this yourself, should cost less than $100. The video is on a 2004 Trailblazer but the procedure is almost identical on our cars. The difference is of course, this one is on a lift (if you had a mechanic pal that would let you borrow his this would be a lot easier) and on our cars the transmissions are in the rear. Also, replacing trans fluid in our cars is completely different on a Vette than just about any other car. When filling a transmission on an A4, you fill the transmission until if flows out the fill plug. You then put the fill plug back in and start the car and let it idle. While RUNNING, you remove the plug and add more fluid til it overflows. Replace the plug and let the car run and come up to operating temperature. Remove the plug again and add more fluid til it overflows. Put the car in gear and let it idle and add more fluid til it overflows then replace the plug. It's sort of a wash/rinse/repeat type thing until you get the A4 completely full. At this point you're probably good on fluid level. Watch the video. See if this is something you might feel like tackling. Keep me updated and even if you don't do this yourself, at least you're armed with knowledge so that a shop can't take advantage of you. The part should be less than $40 and other costs might be a new filter, gasket and transmission fluid. Here's a thread that goes into detail about adding/filling/checking fluid in our A4s. https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...uid-check.html

Here's the video:

Last edited by CactusCat; 07-03-2016 at 09:49 AM.
Old 07-03-2016, 01:20 PM
SaxyVette
Drifting

well I won't be checking my own fluid but I do have good local shop, he works on vettes.
Old 07-03-2016, 01:46 PM
CactusCat
Melting Slicks

You might just luck out and get off easy on this one. Doesn't look too tough. Please keep us updated. Next time wifey and I go to Vegas, we'll have to look you up.

Get notified of new replies

To Code P1810 woes

Quick Reply: Code P1810 woes