C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with IP and door problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 08:17 AM
Pro Street
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Help with IP and door problem

03 vert gauges are pegged,nothing on the doors work and the display on the IP is showing all kind of messages. Checked for codes and there was codes in all modules. Radio shuts off and also shows reduced power but it is not. Has full engine power. This started right after my friend bought this car and it only would happen about once a month. Now it will do it as soon as you drive about a block. It has not done it setting in park. I have cleaned the 3 grounds under the hood and the dealer replaced the battery a month ago. I can get codes later today. Help please!
Old 07-22-2016, 11:40 AM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

I have a very good suspicion on what it might be BUT,,,, the DTCs will help zero in on what's not happy!

Post them up..

BC
The following users liked this post:
Pro Street (08-18-2016)
Old 07-22-2016, 12:48 PM
Pro Street
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Pro Street
03 vert gauges are pegged,nothing on the doors work and the display on the IP is showing all kind of messages. Checked for codes and there was codes in all modules. Radio shuts off and also shows reduced power but it is not. Has full engine power. This started right after my friend bought this car and it only would happen about once a month. Now it will do it as soon as you drive about a block. It has not done it setting in park. I have cleaned the 3 grounds under the hood and the dealer replaced the battery a month ago. I can get codes later today. Help please!
Found the problem with my friends 03 vert in the passenger side door female connector between door and body. And the driver side control panel was not plugged in all the way. Driver side door panel had been off for window motor replacement about 6 months ago. It is working fine now! but it will do it again. I need to find a replacement female connector. Anyone have a part number? Thanks for the help guys.
Old 07-22-2016, 01:00 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Or the DOOR POWER CONNECTORS and or SEAT CONNECTOR are making poor connections..
Pro Street (08-18-2016)
Old 07-22-2016, 11:45 PM
CactusCat
Melting Slicks

Received 209 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Curlee
I have a very good suspicion on what it might be BUT,,,, the DTCs will help zero in on what's not happy!

Post them up..

BC
Originally Posted by 8VETTE7
Me too. But the codes should verify that or possibly point us in another direction such as the passenger foot well...
You crafty devils.
Pro Street (08-18-2016)

Get notified of new replies

To Help with IP and door problem

Quick Reply: Help with IP and door problem