C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TPM question

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2016, 11:04 AM
Jumper11
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TPM question

I'm driving along and got a service tire monitor on the DTC. Ran through the DTC and see that the right front had XXX and the 3 corners had pressure readings. Is my TPM needing to be repaced? Can I test them? The car is a 2002 and as far as I can tell they were never repaced. Last question, should I replace the remaining 3 because they'e basically the same age. Thanks.
Old 08-22-2016, 09:34 AM
Jumper11
Racer

8VETTE7, Thanks for the youtube video. I had an IPC fault that I reset and the wheel began to communicate again. The car is a 2002 and most likely fail due to age. Now I know how to do it thanks to you. Great forum.
Old 08-23-2016, 07:08 AM
Jumper11
Racer

Just an update. I reset the DTC LF TPM XXX and it read the tire pressure again however after driving about 1/2 hour the LF TPM dropped off line again. I reset the DTC and it's reading again. Intermittent most likely means that the battery is failing. Hopefully not anything other than that.
Old 08-23-2016, 07:14 AM
vettenuts
Team Owner

Received 186 Likes on 169 Posts

Forum sponsors are the least expensive place to get the sensors. The issues will be the dismount/mount of the tires. To date I have only found one place that guarantees they won't scratch up the barrel of the tire.
Old 08-23-2016, 07:25 AM
Jumper11
Racer

Originally Posted by vettenuts
Forum sponsors are the least expensive place to get the sensors. The issues will be the dismount/mount of the tires. To date I have only found one place that guarantees they won't scratch up the barrel of the tire.
I've read that aftermarket TPM's are nor recommended. Do you recommend OEM or which forum sponsors have reliable TPM's?

Get notified of new replies

To TPM question

Quick Reply: TPM question