C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is it common to have rear wheel bearing problems with less than 16K

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2002, 11:19 PM
TriniJoe
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Is it common to have rear wheel bearing problems with less than 16K

My car is a '98 coupe with about 15K miles. I was involved in an accident at the track in 9/00. Car was repaired and received back 12/00. Then in 12/01, a year later my right rear wheel bearing started howling, and it was replaced for about $800. Now the left rear wheel bearing is howling. Has anyone had problems with their rear wheel bearings? Could my wheel bearings problems be related to the crash at the track?
Old 09-12-2002, 11:34 PM
billiam01
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

Default Re: Is it common to have rear wheel bearing problems with less than 16K (TriniJoe)

I don't think so; This is the first time I have seen this problem on this forum and I have been a steady subscriber or lurker for about two years. I don't have the problem on mine and it is over 21K miles. It's probably related to your racing incident. :chevy

Quick Reply: Is it common to have rear wheel bearing problems with less than 16K