C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clutch Pedal stuck to the floor and will not return

Old 08-26-2016, 02:02 PM
strmx3
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Pedal stuck to the floor and will not return

So my 2001 corvette (base model) was used by someone else and when i got it back the clutch pedal was all the way to the floor and wouldn't spring back. I checked the fluid level on the reservoir and it was very low. I then added dot 3 fluid (full synthetic) and i tried pumping the clutch and nothing. the only thing i did notice was a leak in the bottom (clutch fluid) clutch and slave were done in january so can it be the master cylinder which was not replaced? please help.
Old 08-26-2016, 04:39 PM
chain_5001
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 46 Posts

When I drive in traffic and kept my foot on the clutch pedal this happens. I just stick my toe under to pry it back up. Not sure if this is your issue.
Old 08-26-2016, 07:04 PM
73Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 463 Likes on 374 Posts

yup Master...
Old 08-27-2016, 12:44 AM
strmx3
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 73Corvette
yup Master...
hopefully it is the master, (just bought one) . i don't have tons of money to pay for a new slave cylinder job. the pedal gets stuck and has no resistance and won't come up. will find out tomorrow if indeed it is the master. hope you are right
Old 09-20-2016, 02:50 AM
Pizzano
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Hope you purchased the Tick performance Clutch master and not the GM factory one , if so the same thing will happen down the road, the GM product is terrible , read all the reviews , everyone uses the Tick one and shifting is night and day difference!
Old 09-20-2016, 09:13 PM
SloVette99
Cruising

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get a tick bleeder as well. Way easier to bleed off any air. My vette has one and I bleed it every so often to get any air out. I did have this problem on my 2011 jetta TDI as well and it was the slave. But same thing I bled the air out and it worked enough to get it into my buddies shop.

Get notified of new replies

To Clutch Pedal stuck to the floor and will not return

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Clutch Pedal stuck to the floor and will not return