C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fog light install questions

Old 10-19-2016, 12:39 PM
dylans
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

There are a few hexagonal holes in the frame behind where my lights are gonna go. I'll go out and check for the holes you're speaking of to see if i've got them too.
Old 10-19-2016, 12:53 PM
dylans
Instructor

I've got no holes in the frame behind my screens. Behind the screens, on the outside edges there are tabs with holes in them.
Old 10-20-2016, 08:59 AM
BmoreRnsDeep
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 38 Posts

They are inside the frame rail towards the cockpit of the car. The stock C5 foglights mount behind this frame and supposedly have a jam nut I think.
Old 10-20-2016, 09:02 AM
BmoreRnsDeep
Racer

Has anyone ever thought of running two smaller sized led light bars behind the screens as driving lights. They would no doubt illuminate the road. I am thinking two 10" lights mounted back there for a stealth look. I still have two hella high beam projectors with hid conversion to mount somewhere, but aside for where you are mounting them i am not sure where to do it. They are 60mm highbeam motorcycle projectors. I am just scared to make the cut into the body behind the license plate.
Old 10-20-2016, 09:13 AM
BmoreRnsDeep
Racer

From the look of the paint behind my bumper it appears as if it was replaced, the paint is so new and clean for a 2003, although this area is protected well from the elements. I am concerned that it might lack the provisions for foglights.
Old 10-20-2016, 11:01 AM
dylans
Instructor

Originally Posted by BmoreRnsDeep
Has anyone ever thought of running two smaller sized led light bars behind the screens as driving lights. They would no doubt illuminate the road. I am thinking two 10" lights mounted back there for a stealth look. I still have two hella high beam projectors with hid conversion to mount somewhere, but aside for where you are mounting them i am not sure where to do it. They are 60mm highbeam motorcycle projectors. I am just scared to make the cut into the body behind the license plate.
Like this? Kind of... Kind of cool
Old 10-20-2016, 11:11 AM
BmoreRnsDeep
Racer

Kind of but they do not project any light although extremely bright and they look like they will starve the car of incoming air. Cool looking though
Old 10-20-2016, 06:43 PM
dylans
Instructor

UPDATE

Now that I've acquired most of the parts for this project, I'm moving to an install thread
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1593297169
I'll be updating this process there.

Thanks! Wish me luck! Hope to see you all over there!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fog light install questions