C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is there a work-around if the LMC5 does not have brown wire?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2016, 02:53 PM
JoeJ
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Is there a work-around if the LMC5 does not have brown wire?

I purchased the LMC5 about 4 yrs ago and it worked perfectly until I had to replace the engine battery last fall. Then I started getting the "Pull key" message.
At that time I called Richard and he said do the brown wire mod, well my unit does not have the brown wire. He was going to send a replacement, but it never showed up, I called back a few times, but still did not see it. The unit worked great until the battery change, so I think the product is sound. Is there a way I can modify this thing or do I need to purchase another one that is current production?
Old 09-25-2016, 04:23 PM
grantv
Le Mans Master

Received 535 Likes on 491 Posts

They're a bargain, I'd just buy a new one. He deserves the measly amount charged IMO.
Old 09-25-2016, 04:57 PM
LoneStarFRC
Team Owner

Received 226 Likes on 213 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Originally Posted by grantv
They're a bargain, I'd just buy a new one. He deserves the measly amount charged IMO.
I did that. He's helped so many people over the years and given away enough free chit, I wasn't about to bug him for a freebie.
Old 09-26-2016, 01:36 PM
JoeJ
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

You guys are right about the cost. I'm a tinkerer, and thought I'd see if I could make what I have work.
I appreciate the feedback.
Old 09-26-2016, 01:45 PM
LoneStarFRC
Team Owner

Received 226 Likes on 213 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Originally Posted by JoeJ
You guys are right about the cost. I'm a tinkerer, and thought I'd see if I could make what I have work.
I appreciate the feedback.
I went through the exact same thing you are. I bought one of his early units and it worked well for several years before the "Pull key" messages started showing up. Although I was never stranded and the LMC5 continued to do it's job, I finally got tired of seeing the pull key messages and went ahead and bought the newer version that now includes the brown wire feature as standard. Simple swap out and issue resolved.

Get notified of new replies

To Is there a work-around if the LMC5 does not have brown wire?

Quick Reply: Is there a work-around if the LMC5 does not have brown wire?