C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Routing speed bleeder, just toss it in tunnel plate?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2016, 01:15 AM
seand03
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Routing speed bleeder, just toss it in tunnel plate?

Can anything bad happen if I just toss the line inside the tunnel plate? The only thing I can think of, which I don't think is likely is it could come out and drag the ground, a zip tie could fix that potential problem.

I still have this stupid intermitten phantom leak of fluid that let's air in the line. I'm guessing it's not the slave as it only happens occasionally. I'm thinking it could be the oring that's in between master/slave. It drips on the driver side lt header close to the collector. Any thoughts on that as well?

I'm thinking about just getting the tick master, i just don't know if I should spend the money since I have a mcloud and it dosnt need the extra fluid.

Last edited by seand03; 09-26-2016 at 01:16 AM.
Old 09-26-2016, 01:36 AM
Pizzano
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

regardless of what clutch your running, if you have the factory Clutch Master cylinder still in the vehicle, the Tick performance master will put a smile on your face, night and day difference, and thats on a stock clutch, so I can imagine the difference on a Hipo replacement clutch system as you have.!!
Old 09-26-2016, 09:34 AM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,261 Likes on 1,056 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

I would route the bleeder line up over the bellhousing into the engine bay and mount it somewhere around the brake/clutch reservoirs that way you won't have to get the car in the air to bleed the clutch
Old 09-26-2016, 10:51 AM
seand03
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I though of that but the cable is just long enough to bleed it from inside the car. If I hang my hand down I can push the clutch and hold the bleeder.
Old 09-30-2016, 08:21 PM
SteveDoten
Le Mans Master

Received 160 Likes on 125 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran

how do you bleed air when it's not at the highest point?

not much room to bend a hydro line in that area of the TT/tunnel.

just my thoughts
Old 10-03-2016, 03:00 PM
GoldenFlame
Pro

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

I have mine routed on top of the torque tube so I can bleed it from inside the car. Have to take the boots off the shifter but still, It's super easy this way and you only need yourself.
Old 10-04-2016, 01:12 AM
RSbeast
Burning Brakes

Received 256 Likes on 165 Posts

Mine is zip tied up under the clutch master reservoir. Just kinda flop it out, hook up the one man bleeder and start pumping. Can bleed all the fluid out and get fresh in within 5-10 minutes with the car on the ground an no disassembly.

Get notified of new replies

To Routing speed bleeder, just toss it in tunnel plate?

Quick Reply: Routing speed bleeder, just toss it in tunnel plate?