C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fast 92 install

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2016, 04:00 PM
slow-v6
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Fast 92 install

just installed a fast 92 manifold, and ls2 TB on my c5 Saturday. Was a pretty straightforward install. Have installed plenty of ls intake manifolds in the past..

Taking the ls6 intake manifold off was a little bit of a pain on this car as the vacuum line on the back was really snug. Took about 45 mins to get the ls6 intake off.

After it was off I taped off the ports on the heads and cleaned up the valley cover, then I sprayed some carb cleaner on a micro fiber cloth and cleaned out the ports on the heads. I also purchased a roll of heat shield material off amazon that I coated the bottom of the fast with. Also I put some rtv around the map sensor hole when it was installed as there is no locking tab like there is on the ls6 manifold. These steps took a couple hours as I wanted the rtv to cure for a little bit

The toughest part with the 92 intake was getting it to sit flush on the heads. Took some muscle but it does fit, barely. Was getting worried that I may have to cut the cowl out a little to fit it. After tightening it down I installed the throttle body. I would suggest routing the ls1-ls2 throttle body adapter cable before the intake is on, as my cable runs on top of the manifold. Doesn't look the cleanest, but I sure as hell wasn't going to remove the manifold to route the cable. If I was worried about shows and what not I would have. This took about 30 mins.

Over all, wasn't too bad. Not as easy as it was on my ls3 c6, but still not a big deal.

Tapped off for cleaning

stock,MVP fast

Stock vs fast

cleaned left, dirty right

all cleaned up

Last edited by slow-v6; 09-26-2016 at 04:02 PM.
The following users liked this post:
tdf01cycling (09-29-2016)

Quick Reply: Fast 92 install