C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quad projector mod

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2016, 10:54 PM
hotrod03
Melting Slicks

Received 122 Likes on 91 Posts

Default Quad projector mod

Name:  IMG_0775.JPG
Views: 680
Size:  1.62 MB
Finished passenger side, drivers side is finished on the bench install will be completed hopefully tomorrow. Used the OEM shell but installed a clear acrylic lens. Lens not shown bc I'm restoring the acrylic. Had to mod the acutor arms for proper alignment. Moved the high beam projector as far outboard as possible for clearance of actuator arm as much as possible. I didn't use the OEM lens cover but it could be used with some modifications. Right now I have the operation of lights... two on dim four on bright, but I'm thinking now,,, four dim and four bright. I'll see how the other works first. Can't wait to night test it and I'll will post completed pics with lights on in dark. When finished I'm going to try the lazy eye mod I purchased. Really happy with how it turned out but not without do it over again and again and then repeat. It only works one way. Lol. Not much room in there as you know.
The following users liked this post:
mrr23 (10-03-2016)
Old 09-29-2016, 03:50 PM
hotrod03
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by hotrod03
Attachment 48022110
Finished passenger side, drivers side is finished on the bench install will be completed hopefully tomorrow. Used the OEM shell but installed a clear acrylic lens. Lens not shown bc I'm restoring the acrylic. Had to mod the acutor arms for proper alignment. Moved the high beam projector as far outboard as possible for clearance of actuator arm as much as possible. I didn't use the OEM lens cover but it could be used with some modifications. Right now I have the operation of lights... two on dim four on bright, but I'm thinking now,,, four dim and four bright. I'll see how the other works first. Can't wait to night test it and I'll will post completed pics with lights on in dark. When finished I'm going to try the lazy eye mod I purchased. Really happy with how it turned out but not without do it over again and again and then repeat. It only works one way. Lol. Not much room in there as you know.
Name:  IMG_0782.JPG
Views: 434
Size:  1.64 MB

Name:  IMG_0784.JPG
Views: 463
Size:  1.75 MB
Finished ! Here it is!
The following users liked this post:
mrr23 (10-03-2016)
Old 10-07-2016, 10:45 AM
huesmann
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 51 Posts

That's hella bright. Can you share any details? Like what projectors did you use, where'd you get the clear lens, etc.?
Old 10-07-2016, 11:07 AM
hotrod03
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by huesmann
That's hella bright. Can you share any details? Like what projectors did you use, where'd you get the clear lens, etc.?
Got them online retro fit source hid. I used the oem stock shell and then modified them. I found some old ACAS used the clear lens it fit perfectly. I'm currrently looking to find the producer of these lens. Are you interested in doing this I can help you. I'm currently also working on adding the mod of "lazy eye" where the pop up only opens about 60%. It looks really cool.
Old 10-10-2016, 09:21 AM
huesmann
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 51 Posts

Are both projectors in each housing the same? Morimoto H1s?
Old 10-10-2016, 07:23 PM
hotrod03
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by huesmann
Are both projectors in each housing the same? Morimoto H1s?
Yes they are about 5.5" long. Used them and another brand locally. Making a pair for guy now. I'm working on the lazy eye mod to my quad projector project now. Couple weeks should have the
Prototype done. I don't want to break up and tear apart what I have on my Vette now. The inner parts has to be changed for the lazy eye look. Nice about the mod is I use the exsisting stock headlight and lens cover. Modify both. Mike Basset makes the lazy eye brackets and I modified the light housing.
Old 11-25-2016, 09:45 AM
raztek
Burning Brakes

Received 242 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by hotrod03
Yes they are about 5.5" long. Used them and another brand locally. Making a pair for guy now. I'm working on the lazy eye mod to my quad projector project now. Couple weeks should have the
Prototype done. I don't want to break up and tear apart what I have on my Vette now. The inner parts has to be changed for the lazy eye look. Nice about the mod is I use the exsisting stock headlight and lens cover. Modify both. Mike Basset makes the lazy eye brackets and I modified the light housing.

Lots of great info on your posts hotrod03! Will be getting either the ACAs or the Radioflyer in the spring and will install with your suggested mods to not have to deal with the slop in the first place. Did you get the lazy eye mod done? Would love to see pics and details on what you did.
Old 11-25-2016, 11:24 AM
hotrod03
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by raztek
Lots of great info on your posts hotrod03! Will be getting either the ACAs or the Radioflyer in the spring and will install with your suggested mods to not have to deal with the slop in the first place. Did you get the lazy eye mod done? Would love to see pics and details on what you did.
Hey Raztek, thank you! Dam, my wife really wanted the kitchen cabinets refinished and painted so I have been busy with that. I'm so anxious to get started on the lazy eye mod! I have all the parts ready So yah nothing
yet but stay tuned!! It will allow me to have some one ship me their oem
headlight shell, I modify them then ship them back.
Old 11-25-2016, 06:08 PM
jrprich
Le Mans Master

Received 213 Likes on 185 Posts

Looks good!

What did you use to attach the clear acrylic lens to the headlight housing?

Get notified of new replies

To Quad projector mod

Quick Reply: Quad projector mod