C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

p1125 code, reduced power mode

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2016, 12:01 PM
dirtymike77
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default p1125 code, reduced power mode

I was driving my 99 home last night and all of a sudden while accelerating away from a red light ( at almost a snails pace behind a grandma) the car shuddered then flashed service active handling, service ride control, then flashed reduced power mode. No matter what I did with the gas pedal the car would only idle. It was almost impossible to limp the car into a parking lot. I shut it off and turned it back on and it was still in reduced power mode, but a few min later I started it again and was able to rev the engine, so I drove the last 2 miles home and pulled the code. The only one in the system was p1125.

When I google this code every other thread I seem to find has this code in conjunction with other ones. Could it really be as simple as just getting a new gas pedal?

Now a little about the car, it isn't quite stock. I replaced the f45 ride control shocks with z06 shocks and it has the simulators plugged into the harness.
The engine is an LS2 swap, with an ls2 throttle body off of a GTO and the adapter harness so it will work in the stock ls1 engine harness.
Old 09-28-2016, 02:09 PM
dirtymike77
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had completely forgot that I can retrieve codes without using a scanner last night, and was just focused on getting home to where I could plug in to read it. I wish I would have remembered that.

Quick Reply: p1125 code, reduced power mode