C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A/C Damper?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2016, 10:54 AM
ImpulseIII
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default A/C Damper?

2001 C5 I have hot air coming out of the drivers side vents and cold air from the passenger side vents with the A/C on. My suspicion is something in the duel zone dampering system but I have no clue what to do about it other than bring it to the local Chevy store for service. Any thoughts on what component may be failing and an estimate on repair costs. Thanks in advance.
Old 10-24-2016, 01:27 AM
BigGun
Drifting

Received 67 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by 8VETTE7
Your symptom is a common one when the refrigerant in the system is LOW.

It could also be a failing actuator (a blend door of sorts). A bad actuator will set a code that can be read using the reader built into the car. This is one of many links that describe how to get the codes.
http://www.stengel.net/diccodes.htm
If you have hvac codes reset them as sometimes this corrects the problem at least temporarily. The dealer will really hose you on this repair. Aftermarket parts (dorman is one brand) are reliable and MUCH cheaper not to mention the dealer labor charges. If no codes then as stated you are likely low on refrigerant so a proper recharge and leak check is in order.

Quick Reply: A/C Damper?