C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlights- one up, one down

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2016, 09:29 PM
edbutler66
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlights- one up, one down

I replaced the driver side head light motor. When I turned it on, the new motor is down when the light is on and up when it's off. I manually cranked it down but they still aren't in sync. I even changed the way I had the linkage bolted up and still same result. Is it me or the part?
Old 12-06-2016, 11:03 AM
edbutler66
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headlight, one up one down

Originally Posted by 8VETTE7
Read this thread and I believe that you will see what you did wrong on the re-assembly of the motor linkage:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-one-down.html
this was the best info you could have possibly turned me on to. I have been fighting the headlight issue for almost a month. I replaced the gear first and it worked ok but got worse because the glue didn't hold. my car is a daily driver so I can't wait a week for the glue to set so I bought a whole new motor. It never worked right and after reading this thread, I realized that the motor was spinning the wrong way. I had suspected it from the beginning but didn't trust myself until I read your thread. I cut the wires to the new motor and connected the red to the black and black to red and now everything works great. I guess even now and then the re-manufactured factory gets it wrong. Thanks for all your advice.
Old 12-06-2016, 11:10 AM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

yep, they just need to be synced properly

Get notified of new replies