C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A Little Code Interpretation Help Please!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2016, 04:06 PM
wamara
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default A Little Code Interpretation Help Please!

I was driving my '01 the other day when the check engine light came on. Nothing seemed to change or be amiss insofar as how the car drove. When I got home I pulled the codes on the DIC and came up with these:
A0-LDCM U1064 H
A1-RDCM U1064 H
10-PCM P0442 H C

I (think I) reset the codes, restarted the car, the check engine light was again on, and I pulled the same codes. I know these cars sometimes seemingly and inexplicably will throw a code, but I don't know what to make of the "current" PCM code.
Can anyone give me a little guidance here? TIA
Old 12-04-2016, 07:11 PM
wamara
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Originally Posted by 8VETTE7
The P0442 is most likely an issue with the gas cap not sealing. Damaged or dirty sealing surfaces on the cap or on the car. Start by cleaning the sealing surfaces, then clear the codes, take the car for a ride and when you return pull the codes BEFORE you shut off the engine. To pull codes with the engine running you need to use the RESET button to clear all messages from the DIC. Then pull codes as normal......... If the P0442 is still occurring you may need to replace the gas cap.
Hi 8Vette,
Thanks for the reply; I'll check the cap and surfaces. I also realized (well after the fact) that I had a brain lapse and in fact had not cleared the codes after I had first pulled them. I just now did clear them, started the car, and no check engine light. Regardless, I'll take her for a spin tomorrow after I wipe down the gas cap surfaces, and see what if anything happens. Thanks again

Quick Reply: A Little Code Interpretation Help Please!