C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radio stays on

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2016, 09:28 PM
comp123
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio stays on

After doing some mechanical work and letting the battery run low a few times. I ran into a slew of electrical problems. 1518 code , no start , no remote, no interior lights. I disconnected the battery gave it a full charge and left it disconnected overnight. The next day I reconnected the battery and everything seemed perfect once again. Except my radio now stays on when the ignition is off. I checked the number five fuse and it now has constant 12 volts. The RAP system is still working fine the Windows shut down once the driver side door is opened. The only thing I can think of at this point is to buy a new battery and see what happens. Any other ideas? Possibly programming?
Old 12-05-2016, 01:15 PM
comp123
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Left the number 5 fuse out overnight. It is located in the passenger side foot well. Put the fuse back in today once again everything is normal. Radio now turns off with the ignition or once the door is opened.
Old 12-08-2016, 06:43 PM
FASTFATBOY
Melting Slicks

Received 143 Likes on 121 Posts

Pull the radio fuse and put it back in, my car does this and pulling the radio fuse fixes it

Get notified of new replies

To Radio stays on

Quick Reply: Radio stays on