C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question/opinions about an intake for my 01 Z06

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 03:23 PM
THE FLASH
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Question/opinions about an intake for my 01 Z06

I have a swanke 6.0L
AFR 205 heads
texas speed LT's
Xpipe and stinger exhaust
small cam
haltech cai
haltech ported TB
Stock LS6 intake

I was thinking about adding a different intake and bigger injectors. For price per hp, thinking about buying a ported LS6 intake vs a fast 92mm. The ported LS6 intake is 500 bucks vs 900 for the fast. Hard to see paying an extra 400 bucks for a few hp.

I did come across a C6 Z06 ported intake for 300 bucks. Would the C6 Z06 intake fit? Is that a good idea? Will I need new fuel rails or will my stock one work? What else would I need to go with the C6 Z06 intake other than a bigger TB and injectors?

Or stick to my original plan of a ported LS6 intake? Thanks for the help/advice.
Old 12-07-2016, 11:13 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

If your engine has stock cubic inches it depends on the specs on your cam
and the projected RPM range you plan on running your engine the most
Larger intakes only make more HP and TQ if you fit certain parameters that I have asked for
Now when coming to LARGER injectors------Larger injectors will make NO more extra HP iunless you have outgrown your existing ones
Industry standards say that you may benefit from larger injectors "only if at WOT your injector duty cycles exceed approx 80-90 %
The only way to know for sure what your duty cycles are is to have them data logged Then you will know for certain IF you will benefit from larger ones

Quick Reply: Question/opinions about an intake for my 01 Z06