C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clutch Remote Bleeder Pics?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2016, 09:15 AM
huesmann
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 51 Posts

Default Clutch Remote Bleeder Pics?

Anyone got a pic of their remote bleeder as installed? I installed one, but I'm quite concerned with the bend of the hose against the tunnel ceiling. Wonder if they're all supposed to be that way, or if there's something weird about the fit in my Vette.

I've seen other bleeders with angled fittings at the slave end, e.g. TPE, but those are apparently no longer available. Tick makes an angled one for the C6, but their C5 part has the straight fitting.
Old 12-07-2016, 10:29 AM
k24556
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 205 Likes on 171 Posts

Default remote bleeder

Don't have a pic under the car, but I got mine from Tick. The fitting in the slave is short and the braided hose does bend as it comes out of the back of the bell housing. The style I have uses a copper compression washer to seal at the slave connection. Though there has been a lot of posts about this type connection, it has worked fine for me.

The hose follows the the tunnel to the engine compartment. It has been in 5 years now and no wear chafing or any other issues. The radius is gentle, no sharp kinks.

I ended up putting a 1600 psi needle valve on the other end of the hose. It seems the tendency is to over tighten the bleeder screw and crack the flare on the hose.

I put a hose barb on the other side of the valve and use a Mighty-VAC to bleed. Then I put a vacuum with the Mighty VAC and crack the needle valve open. After that it is a matter of keeping the M/C reservoir full while bleeding.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Clutch Remote Bleeder Pics?