C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sticky headlamp

Old 01-10-2017, 05:55 PM
Tuscany
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Sticky headlamp

Got an '01 with a headlamp that sometimes won't pop up until I unwind the manual motor **** a couple of turns. Feels tight, like it wound up too much when it closed previously. It has brass gears so that's not the issue. As soon as I loosen the manual adjuster on the motor a couple turns, it returns to normal operation for several days to weeks. Any ideas what the cause is?
Old 01-10-2017, 08:49 PM
Tuscany
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome! I believe you're right. I'll confirm in the daylight. Many thanks!
Old 01-13-2017, 12:59 AM
striper
Le Mans Master

Received 246 Likes on 215 Posts

I had exactly the same problem. I also had to unwind the motor occasionally to get it to work. As 8Vette7 mentions, the fix is going to Rodney Dickman's site and buying his replacement stops. They fix the problem because eventually the stops wear again when reversing them. His are a better plastic.
Old 01-19-2017, 04:14 AM
dopefedz
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Same exact issue I'm having even after replacing the gear with a brass one. I'll check the stops tomorrow. Hopefully this is the fix because I'm tired of popping the damn hood at night to get the light to go up.

Get notified of new replies

To Sticky headlamp

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sticky headlamp