C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dead HVAC Screen/ Dead Passenger Window and Power Lock

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 05:24 PM
rahaul
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Dead HVAC Screen/ Dead Passenger Window and Power Lock

Sure could use some help here on my '02. HVAC screen went dead, passenger door window motor dead and passenger door power lock dead.

Thanks
Old 01-18-2017, 08:16 AM
rahaul
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 8VETTE7
Most likely multiple problems going on here.

Pretty common for the display screen on the climate control HVAC system. Here is a link to what most likely needs to be done to correct that:

http://www.toquez06.com/dimdisplay.html

Have you checked the fuses for the passenger door??? There are two. #30 and 31 in the passenger foot well fuse box. Problem might be as simple as a blown fuse.

If those fuses are OK then the passenger door window and door lock problem is most likely bad relays on the door control module. Here is a link to a thread about the door control module:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1587396862

The driver and passenger DCM are identical so you might want to put the passenger DCM in the drivers door and see if the problem symptoms follow the DCM. If they do then you can either replace the relays yourself if you are into soldering or you can do a DCM exchange through one or more companies that provide that service. Here is one company that several Forum members have used:

www.autoclockrepair.com

There are others if you look on the big auction site......
Fuses #30 and #31 OK. Will move on to your next recommendations. Appreciate the help.
Old 01-25-2017, 01:01 AM
luffy
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Passenger lock window

I had the same issue on my 99. I reset the code, then physically pulled the switch assembly, cleaned the contacts and reassembled. No issues since. It's easy to at least check the connection and doesn't require any tools other than something to pry the switch up with.

Adam

Get notified of new replies

To Dead HVAC Screen/ Dead Passenger Window and Power Lock

Quick Reply: Dead HVAC Screen/ Dead Passenger Window and Power Lock