C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BC racing coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 11:26 AM
Brad Kirby
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Default BC racing coilovers

I've had great experiences with this company in the past, but that was on Fords and Subarus, so I'm looking for opinions about putting them on the C5 base. I don't intend to lower it, getting in and out of parking lots is difficult enough. I'm looking at 9k front, 11k rear. Any opinions?
Old 02-18-2017, 01:10 PM
SuperTom
Drifting

Received 181 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Brad Kirby
I've had great experiences with this company in the past, but that was on Fords and Subarus, so I'm looking for opinions about putting them on the C5 base. I don't intend to lower it, getting in and out of parking lots is difficult enough. I'm looking at 9k front, 11k rear. Any opinions?
Didn't know they made em for us. A good budget coilover is Stance I have them on mine and enjoy. Much better that stock suspension when lowered.
The following users liked this post:
Brad Kirby (02-19-2017)
Old 02-18-2017, 05:25 PM
luffy
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Taylor ray

If you check out Taylor Ray's channel on YouTube, he is the owner of a C5 and an employee at BC racing. I would presume he would be a good person to get feedback from regarding the setup. The channel is quite popular so you're probably best to contact through BC racing rather than social media
He does have an install video where he comments the shock length is a bit too much for the c5 and they would be looking at using a shorter shock. Depending on which configuration is used, you would want to make sure you can sure still get full wheel travel.

QUOTE=Brad Kirby;1594098946]I've had great experiences with this company in the past, but that was on Fords and Subarus, so I'm looking for opinions about putting them on the C5 base. I don't intend to lower it, getting in and out of parking lots is difficult enough. I'm looking at 9k front, 11k rear. Any opinions?[/QUOTE]
The following users liked this post:
Brad Kirby (02-19-2017)
Old 02-19-2017, 03:18 AM
Brad Kirby
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by luffy
If you check out Taylor Ray's channel on YouTube, he is the owner of a C5 and an employee at BC racing. I would presume he would be a good person to get feedback from regarding the setup. The channel is quite popular so you're probably best to contact through BC racing rather than social media
He does have an install video where he comments the shock length is a bit too much for the c5 and they would be looking at using a shorter shock. Depending on which configuration is used, you would want to make sure you can sure still get full wheel travel.

QUOTE=Brad Kirby;1594098946]I've had great experiences with this company in the past, but that was on Fords and Subarus, so I'm looking for opinions about putting them on the C5 base. I don't intend to lower it, getting in and out of parking lots is difficult enough. I'm looking at 9k front, 11k rear. Any opinions?
[/QUOTE]

I called them a few days ago. He said they are working on a C5 specific set but it would be mid-June before they are done. I could get C6 and install them but they aren't available in custom rates, and I want custom rates, so I have to wait. I guess I'll just do swaybars and wait impatiently.

Thank you for the advice.

Get notified of new replies

To BC racing coilovers

Quick Reply: BC racing coilovers