C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lost my FOB Functions When I disconnected the Battery

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 07:56 PM
habib
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Lost my FOB Functions When I disconnected the Battery

I can't get my FOB to lock and unlock my car. I have a 1997 Coupe. Can you suggest what to do. Thanks
Old 02-21-2017, 08:05 PM
Ehale
Cruising

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Use the DIC and reprogram them to the car
Old 02-21-2017, 10:26 PM
habib
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 8VETTE7
Before you go through the reprogram process try standing in front of the car and press both the lock and unlock buttons at the same time until the horn honks. Once the horn honks the FOB's should work again. Common issue on the 97 - 2000 C5's and their keyless entry system . Same problem does NOT exist on the 2001 - 2004 keyless entry system.
Thank you that worked. I appreciate it..
Old 02-21-2017, 10:57 PM
Rabbitman
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 25 Posts

Before you go through the reprogram process try standing in front of the car and press both the lock and unlock buttons at the same time until the horn honks. Once the horn honks the FOB's should work again. Common issue on the 97 - 2000 C5's and their keyless entry system . Same problem does NOT exist on the 2001 - 2004 keyless entry system.
Is this the same issue as far as seat memory and other memory functions where some people have problems after disconnecting the battery and others don't. We were talking about some of this stuff yesterday on here.
I've unhooked mine probably 15 times or more since June and never lost a thing on my 2003 yet. I'd still like to know the reason or how they fixed it.

And yes I still like the little Puke Guy.

Last edited by Rabbitman; 02-21-2017 at 10:58 PM.
Old 02-22-2017, 11:18 AM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

When you disconnect the battery ALL MEMORY functions default to the factory preset settings. You have to reset all of them manually to your liking and depress the MEM Function on the door (If you have memory) to set it to that FOB. All C5 have MEM-1, MEM-2 and MEM-3, You can program a third FOB (depress MEM-1 & MEM-2 at the same time.

ALSO,,, When you disconnect the battery ALL of your emission status ready flags get set to NOT READY and you have to complete a number of complete drive cycles to make them ready again. You can NOT pass emissions until the emission status is ready.

BC

Last edited by Bill Curlee; 02-22-2017 at 11:19 AM.
Old 02-22-2017, 01:09 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

NOT on my 04. Nothing changes and I definitely do not have things set to factory default.

The exception being the display in the DIC. I always have Coolant Temp showing. After a battery disconnect/reconnect I have Odeometer showing.
HMMMM,,,,,,,, When I disconnect the battery in the 02 Z my HVAC goes to the DEFORST Setting and several other things have to be reset.
Old 02-22-2017, 07:37 PM
Rabbitman
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 25 Posts

[QUOTE=Bill Curlee;1594149718]When you disconnect the battery ALL MEMORY functions default to the factory preset settings. You have to reset all of them manually to your liking and depress the MEM Function on the door (If you have memory) to set it to that FOB. All C5 have MEM-1, MEM-2 and MEM-3, You can program a third FOB (depress MEM-1 & MEM-2 at the same time.

ALSO,,, When you disconnect the battery ALL of your emission status ready flags get set to NOT READY and you have to complete a number of complete drive cycles to make them ready again. You can NOT pass emissions until the emission status is ready.

BC[/QUOTE

That's good to know about the 3 key fobs. I bought 2 on Ebay the other week and programmed the original and the 1 new one, I didn't know at the time you could actualy do 3, I will be doing it.

Get notified of new replies

To Lost my FOB Functions When I disconnected the Battery

Quick Reply: Lost my FOB Functions When I disconnected the Battery