C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Master Cylinder to EBCM Hard brake line size?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 10:46 AM
jarnold
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Master Cylinder to EBCM Hard brake line size?

Have a leak in one of the master cylinder hard brake lines going to the EBCM at the rear of my 97. So I am in the process of the replacing the line. So guess what? Apparently it is not a 1/4? I am going to use the stock fittings and it will not fit over the 1/4 tubing. So I am assuming it is 6mm metric type? I have a caliper gauge and yes the stock is narrower. Anyone with this experience?
Old 03-27-2017, 11:52 AM
jarnold
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 6mm

What I have found...Folks now that our C5's are getting old you may encounter what I did. Just had a spot that looked like it was nicked from the factory and I am assuming water would sit in that area. So rust and then pressure blew it out.

Found out from www.Fedhillusa.com that most of the Camaro's and so forth also had 6mm. These are the larger lines that run back to the EBCM. They look like 1/4' but they are just slightly smaller. The fittings are M12 1.5 and you will have to reuse them. From what Tim at Fedhill said that those fittings are very hard to come by. He does not carry them as well. They are the only company I could find that carries 6mm Nickel Copper line as well or even Steel. Ni-Copp is better and easier to work with and he says their are cheaper inferior types of those compared to what he sells. Not endorsing to buy from him just trying to help my other Corvette brothers that may encounter this same problem.

I order 15ft of it. I will let you know how it turns out. If it goes easy I may buy more and do all my lines.

PS. the small hard lines going from the EBCM to the Hose lines are 4.75mm and are the same size a 3/16. So no special size needed.

Last edited by jarnold; 03-27-2017 at 11:58 AM.
Old 03-27-2017, 07:11 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

went through this awhile back you seem to be correct on the size. I had to retap mine hope all turns out well

Get notified of new replies

To Master Cylinder to EBCM Hard brake line size?

Quick Reply: Master Cylinder to EBCM Hard brake line size?