C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sport seat question

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 08:16 PM
Red98VA
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sport seat question

My drivers seat stopped working, I checked the switch and it worked perfectly on the passenger side. I bought a used SCM which was tested good from a low mileage car. I still have no movement. When power is sent directly to motors all motors work. ??? There is also power at the SCM.
Old 03-28-2017, 08:30 AM
GUSTO14
Le Mans Master

Received 1,962 Likes on 1,283 Posts

Originally Posted by Red98VA
My drivers seat stopped working, I checked the switch and it worked perfectly on the passenger side. I bought a used SCM which was tested good from a low mileage car. I still have no movement. When power is sent directly to motors all motors work. ??? There is also power at the SCM.
Have you tried pulling the codes yet? If you have never pulled codes on your C5 watch this video:

... thanks 8VETTE7

Good luck... GUSTO

Last edited by GUSTO14; 03-28-2017 at 08:31 AM.
Old 03-28-2017, 08:48 AM
Macleod52
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts

Also did you check fuses?
Old 03-28-2017, 07:21 PM
Rangerdog1
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 35 Posts

This may sound crazy, I had the drivers seat stop working I changed the SCM and seat harness and nothing worked. Checked fuses even swapped #36 and #35 (drivers and passengers seat fuses) in the passengers foot well fuse box. Telescoping wheel also was not working. I had been having problems with my battery holding a charge while I was working on the seat problem. Had it checked and it was bad, replaced the battery and everything worked, I have a DTC for no comm with the SCM. Everything is working I just have a DTC of no comm with the SCM. Check your battery it worked for me.
Old 03-28-2017, 07:23 PM
Rangerdog1
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 35 Posts

I did have to repair a broken wire at the connector under the seat, but I think I did it while removing the seat about 10 times. So check your wire connectors also.

Get notified of new replies

To Sport seat question

Quick Reply: Sport seat question