C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

can you upgrade the earlier C5 Active Handling software?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2002, 11:51 PM
Hanson
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default can you upgrade the earlier C5 Active Handling software?

I've read that the Active Handling program in the newer C5s is much improved over the original system. Does anyone know if its possible to upgrade my '99 software to the newer specs?
Old 10-16-2002, 03:27 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Re: can you upgrade the earlier C5 Active Handling software? (Hanson)

It is more than software. The 99 isn't bad I run with it at the track and never feel it as I smoke just about every car there out of literally hundreds. I hardly ever feel it kick in. If I feel it once on an entire track day that's about it. At the Viper event in the spring my car ran 1:37 on the Pocono long course which equaled the fastest Viper there I could find in lap times. Car hit 163 MPH going to tunnel turn with my GF in the car. If the car is setup right and the wheels stay planted and drive right it will never be felt.
Old 10-17-2002, 08:23 PM
Hanson
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: can you upgrade the earlier C5 Active Handling software? (John Shiels)

Thanks John. I've had it kick in a couple of times on the track - and I'm glad it did - but this was my 1st season on a track. You're right- its not too intrusive.

Was just curious if this had crossed anyone else's mind.

I'll look for you in the spring at the PDA events, as Limerock is long ago sold-out.
-Hanson

Get notified of new replies

To can you upgrade the earlier C5 Active Handling software?

Quick Reply: can you upgrade the earlier C5 Active Handling software?