C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Window Rattle

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2002, 05:47 PM
Slee_Stack
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window Rattle

I am trying to fix my driver side door window rattle but am at an impasse. It seems to rock in and out on the window slide itself (see arrows in pic below).

The window itself is frimly mounted to the bracket. The slide seems firmly mounted to the door. But the bracket seems to have too much play on the slide. Any ideas?

UPDATE: After some trial and error, I have solved the window rattle. One bracket need to be loosened, the window edged pulled one way (left) and the bracket the other (right) at the same time. This will make the window act as a tensioner. The brackets will make better contact with the slides resulting in less play. :flag

[Modified by Slee_Stack, 11:04 PM 11/13/2002]
Old 11-14-2002, 12:14 AM
NassyVette
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Window Rattle (Slee_Stack)

What did you have to do (remove etc.) to get at the tensioners? My drivers side door does this too, and it bothers me alot.

Old 11-25-2002, 02:00 AM
Slee_Stack
Advanced

Default Re: Window Rattle (NassyVette)

The Door Panel and Blose speaker module have to be removed. Also, you will need to peel back the black rubber flap on the inside of the door. Position the window about 1/2 way down and you can get at the bracket bolts shown in the pic above. Be careful not to put too much tension on the window. It is, afterall, glass. When loosening either bolt, the window can be adjusted up and down as well. Be careful to keep the window at the same level it started. Good luck.

Old 11-26-2002, 01:35 AM
1sickkkC5
Racer

Default Re: Window Rattle (Slee_Stack)

thabks for the good info... if it's not much trouble could you post the step by step do it yourself fix? You know for the DIY rookies. =)
Old 11-26-2002, 01:36 AM
1sickkkC5
Racer

Default Re: Window Rattle (1sickkkC5)

thanks* .....I mean with pictures =)
Old 11-26-2002, 07:35 AM
br
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Window Rattle (1sickkkC5)

Make sure you tighten the regulator to glass fasteners to recommended spec. or you will have another rattle later down the road. Mark the position of the glass to the clamp before you loosen anything or you may loose the adjusted position of the glass which may result in wind noise or water leaks. A little grease never hurt anything either while you are in there.... also check the movement of all the locking rods and lube the contact points.

Get notified of new replies

To Window Rattle

Quick Reply: Window Rattle